The Apple Professional Development Consultant is a full-time position with Apple for a period of 12 months. The successful candidate will live in the vicinity of Coachella, CA and work with the Coachella Valley, California Unified School District on behalf of Apple for one year. The following are examples of some of the activities that are included in this role.
This position requires a high caliber work ethic built from respect, trust and rapport with colleagues. The successful individual will possess a high degree of energy and strong interpersonal skills. This position requires a superior customer focus, exceptional listening skills, excellent communication and presentation skills, and strong leadership skills. The successful candidate must be a team player who can collaborate with colleagues and contribute to the success and growth of Apple Professional Development as a business.
- Collaborate with leadership and curriculum personnel to develop an effective plan for staff development that will support the goals of the district and individual schools;
- Coordinate both leadership and teacher training to provide educators with the necessary skills and knowledge to help support the effective use of digital resources;
- Provide professional development as needed to individual schools and teachers using a variety of strategies;
- Provide classroom support for teachers and students in their use of technology;
- Convene regular meetings of appropriate personnel to review challenges and successes;
- Prepare quarterly reports on the progress of the project for the district and Apple.
Ideal Candidate Skills & Qualifications:
Exemplary experience as both a teacher and a leader at the K-12 level;
Familiar with the Common Core State Standards and the curriculum standards of the district and state
Excellent knowledge and use of Apple products such as the MacBook and iOS devices (iPad);
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the fundamentals of instructional design;
- Exemplary leadership skills in the successful implementation of digital resources in teaching and learning;
- Exemplary teaching skills in the context of 21st Century classroom learning;
- Experience in improving basic skills and achievement across core content areas;
- Exemplary use of digital resources across multiple curricular areas;
- Creative curriculum development experience, specifically infusing digital resources;
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the components of successful professional development;
- Demonstrate experience with professional development activities such as mentoring colleagues, offering workshops locally or nationally, presenting at conferences, etc.;
- Experience delivering training and programs for students and parents on basic technology skills, the ethical and secure use of the Internet, and collaboration tools;
- Excellent knowledge and use of software applications such as iWork, iLife and apps;
- Excellent knowledge and use of peripherals and apps to enhance learning across all content areas
- Demonstrate understanding of trends in the use of technology and national trends in education;
- Understanding and experience in 1 to 1 learning environments is highly desirable;
- Master of Education degree or higher is highly desirable and minimum 5 years classroom experience preferred.
- iPad classroom integration experience preferred.
Apple reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, defined the future of mobile media and computing devices with...