POSITION SUMMARY (Briefly describe the purpose of the position)
Responsible for assisting with the planning and execution of continuing education opportunities for low vision rehabilitation professionals. Will assist in processing accreditation needs for Envision professional education opportunities including live events, video, online offerings and print.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE (List in order of importance)
• Provide assistance to the Professional Education Department in the day to day business operations in order to provide and establish quality continuing education programs, lectures, and workshops.
• Process registrations and track attendance and continuing education credits earned by participants for all professional education events and offerings.
• Prepare and distribute marketing materials such as brochures, flyers, advertisements, posters and signs. Coordinate advertising and ad buys.
• Manage mail list database and update as needed.
• Research costs associated with each professional education event.
• Assist in planning and executing all professional education activities. Plan and coordinate resources needed for courses and conferences including facilities, equipment and instructional materials.
• Update Envision University website as needed. Receive course content, edit, transcribe and format presentations for online courses.
• Track Envision University memberships and Oculus Society memberships.
• Manage subscriptions and assist in editing and production of journal publication Visibility.
• Coordinate the photo and video needs of Envision University professional education events.
• Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (List as required or preferred)
Education: Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications or Public Relations required.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years previous experience in administrative capacity and/or continuing education or program development.
• Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Self-directed, ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion in his/her work.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to interact and communicate successfully with individuals at all levels of the organization, external stakeholders, regulatory agencies, and with the community at large.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks while delivering high-quality results.
• Demonstrated ability to define and analyze issues, develop and present recommendations, and implement solutions.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: _0__
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: _0__
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (check one)
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
_X_ Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
___ Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arm’s reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
___ Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
___ Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.