Washtenaw Community College is looking for an Anthropology Instructor starting the Fall 2013 semester.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Teach a variety of first-year and second-year college-level courses in Anthropology. More specifically, teach current single semester introductory courses in cultural anthropology, physical anthropology, and archaeology.
• Teach a diverse student body in daytime, evening, and Saturday classes on the main campus, at extension centers, and business and industry sites.
• Participate in department, division, and general faculty meetings, applicable College committee activities, and other forms of College service.
• Prepare and develop appropriate instructional materials for the curriculum.
• Participate actively in professional activities such as, but not limited to, curriculum planning, syllabus writing, examination development, textbook selection, program evaluation/revision, and other professional planning activities on a year round basis.
• Maintain an active program of professional development related to institutional objectives.
• Masters degree in anthropology.
• Equivalent of two (2) years of full-time successful college teaching experience.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Include entire education and work history on application. You must attach cover letter, resume and transcripts to be considered.
53,637 - $69,981
Starting rate/salary is determined based on education and work history listed on application.
Washtenaw Community College - 17 months ago