Responsible for designing and implementing advanced Avaya integrated networks, and provide technical assistance and installation support to Altura technicians and customers who are installing, diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex telecommunication systems, IP based telephony solutions, computer systems and/or complex software. Provides onsite and remote installation support for Avaya solutions. Responds to situations where standard procedures and advanced technical expertise have failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software. Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering. Conducts lab test to duplicate problems and provide detailed information to Engineering as needed. Assist Network Support Engineers as required. Position may require frequent or short notice travel throughout the U.S.
- Provide the highest level of skills in designing and implementing advanced voice and SIP enabled communication networks, specifically related to Avaya products.
- Provide identification and resolution of complex product/service problems both by phone, remote connectivity, and on-site.
- Requires the highest level of knowledge on Avaya Communication Manager, System/Session Manager, products and services.
- Conducts extremely complex system emulation/simulation activities to identify problems. Conducts lab test as required.
- Coordinate with Engineering on potential product defects and system modifications/changes.
- Maintain detailed documentation of problem resolution activities.
- Provide training and knowledge sharing with fellow Professional Services and TAC engineers.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualified applicants will possess the following:
- Equivalent of a Bachelor's degree or 12+ years-related experience.
- 12 year’s minimum experience in providing high level technical implementation and support of PBX, IP PBX, TCP/IP, PC LAN networks, and other application processor equipment.
- Must have a good understanding of various communication protocols, including Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).
- Must have a good understanding of IP addressing and be able to effectively communicate it to others.
- Must have a good understanding of Quality of Service, and be able to effectively communicate it to others.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with customers and fellow employees and have the ability to maintain professional composure during adverse situations.
- Ability and desire to focus efforts toward timely handling and resolution of customer problems is a must.
- A complete understanding of personal computers and data applications is required and the ability to read schematics and operate various kinds of data and electronic test equipment is highly desirable.
- Must have a good understanding of Visio and be able to prepare network diagrams, call flow diagrams, and documentation.
- Needs to have a good understanding of network analysis tools such as Wireshark.
- Knowledge of video products such as Polycom or Avaya RadVision is a plus.
- Knowledge of Avaya one-X components and Avaya Application Enablement Server (AES) is a plus.
- The ability to travel on short notice and work independently is also required.
- Industry standard certifications are a plus.
Altura offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package that include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD, LTD and 401K.
No Relocation Available. Preference will be given to local candidates.
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Altura Communication Solutions - 30+ days ago