Department work units.
•Acts as a single point of contact for all FM&E related questions from members of the campus community.
•Plays a role in communications and coordination during FM&E related emergencies and projects.
•Familiar with an work Order Management System
•Prepares transactions required for recruitment, reclassifications, leaves separations for FM&E.
•Assists areas assigned with document and correspondence preparation.
•Improves and maintains hard and soft copies of word processing documents, spreadsheets and databases in an organized filing system.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Knowledge and Abilities:
• Knowledge of the principles and techniques essential to performance of assigned responsibilities.
• Knowledge of college policies and procedures.
• Ability to establish liaison and maintain cooperative working relationships with other staff or organizations.
• Ability to represent the college at conferences, meetings, seminars, etc.
• Ability to prepare clear, technically sound, accurate, and informative reports containing findings, conclusions and recommendations.
• Ability to prepare correspondence.
• Ability to maintain essential records and files.
• Ability to organize assigned work, analyze problems, and develop appropriate work methods.
• Ability to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by
• The agency, office, or related units.
• Ability to read, write, speak, understand, or communicate in English sufficiently to perform the duties of this position.
• American Sign Language or Braille may also be considered as acceptable forms of communication.
Persons with mental or physical disabilities are eligible as long as they can perform the essential functions of
the job after reasonable accommodation is made to their known limitations. If the accommodation cannot be made because it would cause the employer undue hardship, such persons may not be eligible.
Qualifications & Requirements
EDUCATION: Graduation from an accredited college with a Bachelor's degree.
EXPERIENCE: One (1) year of professional experience in education, higher education, or other field related to the functions of the position.
NOTE: Applicants who do not possess the required education may substitute experience on a year for year basis.
LICENSE: Appointee will be required to possess a driver's license valid in New Jersey only if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform the essential duties of the position.
P18: $43,839.98- $61,826.57
NOTE: Salaries for internal candidates are determined by the New Jersey Civil Service Commission's formula. Salaries for external candidates are determined up to $49,835.51.
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
Via e-mail: please TITLE E-MAIL VC-260. Resumes must be attached separately and in word version and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Montclair State University - 15 months ago