Human resources today is a lot more than recruiting, hiring, maintaining employee records, and processing payroll. It’s about providing crucial process and decision support for the rest of the organization. Now there is a set of powerful software solutions designed to help small to medium businesses excel at employee management. Sage HRMS provides you with the tools you can use to lift your human resources department from an administrative role to a strategic player in forwarding business growth.
From managing employees to meeting state and federal requirements and complying with periodic tax reporting requirements, Sage HRMS helps streamline day-to-day administrative tasks and provides insights that will help you manage, forecast, and implement effective strategies to make positive changes to your bottom line.
We are seeking a Professional Services Consultant for our Sage HRMS product. You will perform a variety of consulting duties relating to the implementation of Sage HRMS. Additionally this position will be responsible for providing customer business process re-engineering consulting, application installation and implementation, data conversion, custom report writing and third party product integration services.
- Serves as Project Manager for client software implementations, leading small project teams in defining, planning, and implementing new software solutions.
- Utilizes consultative skills to identify customer pain points as well as develop and manage statements of work.
- Meets with the business user community as directed, to discuss the requirements for necessary information needed to design/configure new systems.
- Translates loosely defined business problems into a set of objective, concise and logical requirements.
- Documents business unit workflows. Clarifying and confirming the specifications.
- Updates and manages project timelines, meets with project team and client representatives as needed to communicate status. Identifies risks; provides analysis and contingency planning.
- Develops deep client relationships at all management levels and builds client confidence. Focuses on customer satisfaction, service delivery quality, and financial profitability.
- Performs installation and configuration of Sage Employer Solutions software offerings.
- Utilizes broad range of technical skills to analyze and implement highly customized solutions such as data conversions, and the creation of utilities and complex reports.
- Acquires, maintains, and expands knowledge of relevant product offerings, current professional services policies, and methods of project management, in order to provide technically accurate solutions to customers.
- Provides leadership in conducting and coordinating customer meetings and communications during the implementation process.
- Conducts customer product acceptance testing and evaluation. Working with customers to achieve the best solutions for customer to maximize product use, benefits, and functionality.
- Provides subject matter expert information to clients pertaining to Human Resources, Payroll, Accounting, and Time keeping processes and operations.
- Conducts System Administrator and End-User training both remotely and at client’s site.
- Contributes to the ongoing efforts of streamlining processes within and across the Professional Services organization.
- 5+ years Project Management, Business Requirements, or Consulting experience implementing or supporting software solutions required
- 4+ years knowledge of the concepts and principles of Human Resource, Payroll, or Accounting is desired
- Knowledge of Sage HRMS products strongly desired.
- Knowledge and understanding of common business processes, selling methodologies and delivery processes to develop and implement solutions addressing complex business issues of customers.
- Must have strong understanding of Windows 2008, 7, Microsoft IIS
- Must have strong understanding of networking including (LAN/WAN/TCP-IP)
- Must have strong understanding of either Crystal Reports, VB script, MS SQL, MS Access or another database/programming language/report writing tool.
- Familiarity with both server and pc hardware, VPN, remote access
- Team player, yet able to work independently and complete tasks without daily supervision
- Superior organizational skills – able to self-manage assignments, travel arrangements, expense reports, evaluation forms, etc.
- Ability to successfully multitask and prioritize job requirements while remaining very detail oriented.
- Strong communication [including written and presentations], active listening, relationship building, and negotiations skills.
- Ability to raise issues with others in a way that maintains trust and credibility
- Ability to travel up to 25 %
With over 30 years of experience and 6 million customers worldwide, we know a thing or two about helping small and medium-sized businesses...