Cloudmark is a profitable, privately-held anti-spam technology company that produces high performance messaging security solutions to the world’s largest ISPs, mobile and social networks, located in San Francisco, California. Our customers include over 100 of the world's largest Internet service providers, including the majority of tier-1 operators in North America, Japan and Europe. Our products protect more than one billion inboxes, worldwide.
Objective of Position
The PS Engineer’s objective is to help architect, then deploy, any one (or all) of Cloudmark’s solutions into a contracted customer. In addition to deployment, the PS Engineer may well also be involved in management of policies and operational elements of the said customer.
- Deployment of Cloudmark data applications in fixed or mobile operators networks.
- Provide input on architecture and design options, operational concepts, and application acceptance test plan.
- Planning and design of TCP/IP based solutions with wireless components.
- Solution documentation and authoring of technical white papers.
- Network analysis and decoding of TCP/IP and data stacks in troubleshooting scenarios.
- Deployment support for both customers and partners
- Assist and deploy trials and prototypes
- Manage integration projects and roll-out
- Strong knowledge of Mobile Architectures is mandatory; SS7 Network Architectures (ideally), Mobile Internet/Broadband Architectures
- Strong knowledge of Mobile Messaging architectures is mandatory; SMS, MMS
- Knowledge of Internet architectures is desirable; Email (SMTP), Broadband (IP Core)
- Linux and UNIX skills; Thorough knowledge of Linux and UNIX application deployment
- Experience in implementing carrier grade client-server applications in a commercial environment.
- Systems integration expertise with TCP/IP skills in data networking and internetworking.
- Configuration/installation of Cisco/Nortel switches, routers, and load balancers.
- Good knowledge of LAN network infrastructure: security, routing, network management, performance management.
- Able to analyze HTTP, HTTPS, POP, IMAP, FTP, SNMP, and other data traffic.
- Can configure VLAN's, GRE, and VPN tunnels
- Familiar with development processes and lifecycles.
- Can travel abroad on short notice
- Can produce clear and accurate solution low level diagrams.
- Able to understand customer requirements and translate to development and product management teams.
- Ability to produce succinct technical design documentation and test plans.
- Bachelor's degree in datacoms/telecoms or equivalent.
- Experience in implementing mobile data applications.
- Mobile network design and configuration.
- Previous experience with systems integrators, consultancy firms, and/or professional services environments.
- Experience working with remote multicultural multi skilled internal teams and customers.
- Broad understanding of WAN network infrastructure and protocols (Frame, ATM, MPLS, ISDN).
- Broad understanding of mobile network infrastructure (2.5 and 3G, GPRS, UMTS).
- Good knowledge of mobile data traffic and mobile data devices.
- Cisco CCNP certification, F5 or similar
Cloudmark is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
- Understanding of Anti-Spam/messaging technologies (SMTP, SMS, MSS) market
- Excellent listening skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Extremely well organized and ‘self-starter’
- Ability to think on your feet
- Fast learner
- Good technical account management and project management skills
- Ability to manage complex integration projects
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Solutions, consultative selling style.