Under minimal supervision, works independently on creating solutions within the TradeFlow product. Exercises judgment within defined standards and adheres to best practices for analyzing, designing, programming, debugging and implementing software systems. Conducts analysis of systems specifications and uses analysis/diagramming tools to represent business/technical processes.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Builds, modifies, reviews and analyzes software systems through code development, testing, debugging and documentation.
2. Performs moderately complex solution design, systems analysis and programming activities.
3. Provides production support for existing software within the areas covered by the role.
4. Prepares technical documentation.
5. Conducts unit & integration testing.
6. Researches problems discovered by QA or product support and develop solutions to the problems.
7. Scopes and designs efficient solutions to documented business needs.
8. Works with peers to conduct code reviews across the team and help foster a productive work environment.
9. All other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Required skills and experience :
· SQL Server and/or Oracle experience including PL/SQL and Transact SQL.
· Knowledge of one or more of the following messaging formats – SWIFT, OASYS Global Workstation, OASYS Direct, OASYS Domestic or CTM, FIX
· Familiarity with business processes including trade matching, settlement, STP, SWIFT and preferably with exposure to back office systems
· Object oriented and scripting language programming experience
· Performed Installation of Application servers like IBM Websphere and Apache Tomcat.
· Good knowledge of UNIX shell scripting
· Good understanding of entire development process (SDLC), including specification documentation and quality assurance
· Experience with financial software
· Strong and logical problem solving skills
Desired skills and experience:
· Oracle certified Professional will be highly desired.
· Familiarity with messaging middleware and/or Straight-Through-Processing (STP) products.
· Industry recognized Computer Programming certifications (SCJP, MCSD)
· Self-motivated and decisive
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
· Flexible and responsive to rapid change.
· Positive and proactive when encountering difficult issues
· Able to develop and enhance processes
Bachelor’s degree preferred or have more than 5 years relevant industry experience.
Fiserv, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Fiserv (NASDAQ: FISV) is a leading global technology provider serving the financial services industry.