OVERALL PURPOSE: Responsible for translating business needs into technical solutions, and defining solutions to problems through reasoned application of information technology.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Designs, develops, documents and analyzes overall architecture of Genesys based internal and hosted contact center systems, including hardware and software. Participate in Genesys technology roadmaps, design and development activities, testing and proof of concepts, and solution validation. Open tickets, as required, with Genesys Technical Support to perform root cause analysis of complex technical issues and communicate with business owners on findings. Determines integrated hardware and software architecture solutions that meet performance, usability, scalability, reliability, and security needs. Coordinates design and integration of total system including subsystems. Researches and recommends technology to improve the current systems. Job Contribution: Seasoned technical professional. Contributes through proven technical expertise. Has significant dept/functional impact.
KNOWLEDGE: Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the Genesys suite of applications, specifically SIP, GVP, Outbound, eServices and reporting components; basic knowledge of other disciplines/specialty areas. Deep technical knowledge of other contact center applications (i.e. WFM, CQM, ACD, VHT, etc.). Applies in depth knowledge of discipline/specialty area standards/processes. Integrates industry experience and deep professional/technical knowledge. Technical leader and recognized SME expert on select ATT technologies/systems/procedures.
ANALYSIS/PROBLEM SOLVING: Solves unique problems through evaluative judgment/precedent. Independently applies sophisticated analysis in evaluating issues. Develops new concepts/methods/techniques for cross functional initiatives. Recognizes/pursues alternative methods.
INDEPENDENCE: Guided by department goals/objectives. Exercises latitude in determining objectives/approaches to projects. Leads multiple small to medium sized projects and technical breadth.
CONTRIBUTION TO ATT TECHNOLOGY: Key contributor on complex projects/initiatives. Impacts current and future business opportunities through application of specialized technical/ industry knowledge. Develops methods/techniques based on strategic project objectives.
COMMUNICATION: Mentors and provides technical guidance and explains advanced concepts to others in work area. Mentors less experienced team members in work area explaining advanced technical information and providing specialized technical guidance. Coordinates across multiple departments. Promotes active listening and open communication. Provides leadership/guidance to others. Builds productive internal/external relationships. Collaborates with others in own team or across teams.
EDUCATION: Preferred Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Science, Electrical Engineering, or Math or equivalent experience. Experience: Typically requires 3-5 years experience. Technical Career Pathway (TCP) role. Entry into this title may require TCP Governance Board Review. Supervisory: No.
Required Qualifications -
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
- 3-5 years related technical architect experience
- Understands access & transport technologies (FTTx, xDSL, optical, aggregation, RAS, OTN, DWDM, etc.)
- Proficient in data communications protocols (TCP/IP, v4/v6, MPLS, BGP, OSPF, GMPLS, etc.)
- Knowledge in home and premise networking architectures & technologies
- Well-versed in security (encryption, certificates, firewalls, VPNs, etc.)
- Proficient in system performance measurements, troubleshooting, support, monitoring and optimization.
- Knowledge in network and system architecture (Subsystems, interfaces, hw/sw dependencies).
- Proficient in Network Management, Tools and Protocols (Configuration, IP Network Address Management, Performance Management).
Desired Qualifications -
- Enterprise wide deployment planning and support for mission critical applications for major releases, both business and infrastructure related
- Develop technical documentation on applications and systems
- Ability to work with technical and business-oriented teams
At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great things. If...