The ERP Analyst will provide project coordination, technical expertise, and will contribute to improvements and enhancements for mission-critical, enterprise-wide information systems. The ERP Analyst is responsible for project tracking and control for assigned modules or systems, serving as a liaison between functional and technical resources to manage the development of new system functionality, upgrades, system modifications, day-to-day problem analysis, issue tracking, and resolution.
Examples Of Essential Duties:
The primary duties of this position include business systems analysis, project management, workflow analysis, reporting, and technical communication and documentation.
The ERP Analyst will:
• Work with functional resources and decision-makers to gather and document technical processes, and identify and resolve systems issues within the City's Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and complementary other applications.
• Work with functional resources and decision-makers to alter current business workflow so that it fits within existing ERP design.
• Design and develop ERP system modifications in conjunction with ERP software vendor, consultants and/or internal staff.
• Develop and implement test cases to ensure the ERP system is meeting enterpise needs and system goals.
• Coordinate and collaborate with functional users and IT staff to find solutions to problems identified in testing, resolving issues during systems upgrades, and ensuring that proper testing of all systems functionality is completed and that results are validated and documented.
• Prepare workflow charts and diagrams to specify in detail business process supported by enterprise systems.
• Prepare technical reports, simulations, and instructional manuals to document systems development.
• Provide day-to-day support of the ERP system, including development and maintenance.
• Performs other information technology and business analysis duties as required to support assigned enterprise systems.
Minimum Qualifications Requirements:
• This position requires a Bachelor's degree in information technology, business/operations analysis or a related field, or equivalent experience.
• The nature of this work requires an individual with a minimum of 2-5 years of experience as Oracle Functional ERP Analyst and an excellent understanding of ERP software fundamentals and tools.
• The ERP Analyst must be able to effectively communicate technical information both verbally and in writing, utilizing Excel, Word, Adobe Acrobat and other applications..
• Experience with using Oracle reporting and business intelligence tools is required, along with the knowledge of commonly-used business concepts, practices and procedures.
• This position requires problem solving and analytical skills, and the ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical users.
• This position requires an ability to manage multiple tasks, respond quickly to emergent problems, and to focus both on long-range projects and immediate tasks required to maintain system functionality.
The City of Atlanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
City of Atlanta, GA - 11 months ago