The Oak Ridge National Laboratory Site Office, located near Knoxville, Tennessee, provides effective stewardship and management of the Oak Ridge National Laboratory and the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education. We deliver scientific discoveries and technical breakthroughs aimed at accelerating the development and deployment of solutions in clean energy and global security, and in doing so creating economic opportunity for the nation.
A successful candidate in this position will serve as a Program Analyst performing analytical and evaluative work related to the project controls and program integration assignments to support the Oak Ridge National Laboratory Site Office (OSO) programs and missions.
- United States Citizenship is required.
- Resume and question responses must be submitted online.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test and random testing after appointment.
- Subject to satisfactory security and suitability determinations.
- See the Requirements Section of the Announcement for other conditions.
In this position, you will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Supporting evaluation, analysis, and assessment activities related to financial data, performance metrics, and business management activities;
- Monitoring financial activities, program direction, and overhead budgets;
- Developing management plans for operational activities of the organization and analyzing data utilizing business and financial systems to provide status and develop reports; and
- Serving as the Site Office program coordinator for the Employee Concerns Program.
The group coverage qualifications standards for administrative and management positions can be found at:
The Individual Occupational Requirements for the Management and Program Analysis series can be found at: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/IORs/gs0300/0343.htm
If selected you must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
Selection for this position may require you to disclose information about your financial holdings and/or interests in order to assure no conflicts of interest exist.
The selectee will be required to submit to a full field background investigation prior to reporting for duty.
Applications contain information subject to the Privacy Act (P.L. 93 579, 5 USC 552a). The information is used to determine qualifications for employment, and is authorized under Title 5, USC, Section 3302 and 3361.
Your Social Security Number (SSN) is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9398 to uniquely identify your records from other applicants who may have the same name.
You will be required to complete an OF-306, "Declaration for Federal Employment" form used to (a) determine your suitability for Federal employment and/or (b) in conducting an investigation to determine your suitability or ability to hold a security clearance.
You must demonstrate in your resume at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to a GS-11 in the Federal service. This experience may have been obtained in either the private or public sector. You must meet all qualification requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized experience is defined as:
Your online resume must demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs/Competencies). Applicants need not prepare a written response to these KSAs/Competencies unless asked in the online application.
- Experience in adapting analytical techniques and evaluation criteria to the measurement and improvement of program effectiveness;
- Providing support regarding financial data, performance metrics, and business management activities;
- Performing assessments, documenting results, and presenting orally and in writing to approving authorities;
- Performing statistical analyses of budget and financial information; and
- Applying quantitative and qualitative techniques for analyzing and measuring scientific or technical program data.
- Knowledge of the applicable principles and theories necessary to evaluate the application of and need for conducting reviews, activities, and conducting analyses of information supporting laboratory operation programs;
- Knowledge to work effectively with management in developing, documenting, and reporting operational activities;
- Ability to analyze financial data, performance metrics, cost schedule data, preparing variance and analysis reports for management; and
- Skill and proficiency in integrating program and project planning activities to develop budget, financial reports, and information control systems.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be rated electronically using Category Rating. A quality review will be conducted by the HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert based on the extent and quality of your experience, education, and training as described in your online resume/questionnaire as related to the duties of this position. The quality categories are defined as "Best Qualified," "Well Qualified," and "Qualified." Within each category, veteran's preference eligibles will be listed first. If your resume is incomplete, or does not support the responses in your online questionnaire, you may be rated ineligible, not qualified, or your score may be adjusted.
To preview questions please click here .
The Department of Energy offers comprehensive and competitive benefits . You may be eligible for some or all of the following.
- Health, life, dental, vision, and long term care insurance
- Defined Benefit Retirement Program
- Paid holiday, sick, and vacation time
- Flexible work schedules and/or telework
- Training and education opportunities
- Flexible Spending Account
- Thrift Savings Plan (401k equivalent)
- Health and Wellness Programs
The Federal government is an equal opportunity employer. Veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. This agency provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process, please notify us by noon on the closing date of the announcement. Decisions on granting reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
This position is included in the bargaining unit represented by the Office and Professional Employees International Union.
Reimbursement of interview, travel, transportation, and/or relocation expenses is not authorized and will not be paid for by the government.
usajobs.gov - 17 months ago
UT Federal Credit Union
UT Federal Credit Union
- 2 days ago
Programmer Analyst 2
ITR (Information Technology Resources)
Oak Ridge, TN
ITR (Information Technology Resources)
- 30+ days ago
Senior Systems Analyst
- 18 days ago
The Department of Energy is responsible for ensuring exploration, development, processing, utilisation and management of South Africa's...