Come join the U.S. Department of Justice, Justice Management Division!
This position is located in the Justice Management Division, Facilities and Administrative Services Staff, Real Property Management Staff, Real Estate Administration Team.
Who May Apply: All US Citizens and Schedule A eligibles.
One or more positions may be filled using this vacancy.
Filling this position is subject to funding availability.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- Resume and supporting documents (See How To Apply section).
- You may be subjected to undergo a urinalysis for a drug test.
- Moving and Relocation Expenses are not authorized.
- You must undergo a pre-employment security investigation.
- Devise and develop detailed plans, goals, and objectives for the long-range implementation and administration of rent management.
- Serve as an organizational expert on budgeting and financial management issues and activities related to rent management.
- Plan and conduct management surveys and audits to evaluate programs for a major organizational segment, ensuring that management policies, practices, and procedures are consistent with strategic goals and objectives.
- Review and recommend changes to policies or regulations concerning real property asset management issues.
- Conduct analyses and individual programs, functions, and organizations to determine whether the management systems in current use effectively accomplish the objectives sought, and whethey they provide the controls necessary for sound management.
- Develop improved procedures, and internal and external controls to prevent fraud, waste, and abuse.
- Resolve audit/inspection activities for organizations involving a significant degree of complexity and with interrelated program areas affecting real property and rent management.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS for GS-12
I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service that required knowledge of skill in applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to surveys, studies, and research concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of program operations in an organization or governmental agency. This level includes knowledge of pertinent laws, regulations, policies and precedents which affect the use of program and related support resources in an organization or governmental agency. Projects and studies typically require knowledge of the major issues, program goals and objectives, work processes, and administrative operations of an organization or governmental agency. Knowledge is used to plan, schedule, and conduct projects and studies in a program or support setting and to identify vulnerabilities in waste, fraud, and abuse in assigned administrative, program or system areas.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS for GS-13
I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service that required knowledge of skill in applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to surveys, studies, and research concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of program operations in an organization or governmental agency. This level includes knowledge of pertinent laws, regulations, policies and precedents which affect the use of program and related support resources in an organization or governmental agency. Projects and studies typically require knowledge of the major issues, program goals and objectives, work processes, and administrative operations of the organization or governmental agency. Knowledge is used to plan, schedule, and conduct projects and studies in a program or support setting and to identify vulnerabilities in waste, fraud, and abuse in assigned administrative, program or system areas. I also provide expert analysis and evaluations to organizations, Department officials, GSA, OMB, other government agencies, and management that encompass programmatic milestones, schedules, and budgetary resource planning and execution required for effective management, operations, and decision making in support of a project/program or functional area. Resolves audit/inspection activities for an organiztaion or Department officials in a governmental agency involving a significant degree of complexity and with interrelated program areas affecting real property and rent management. Makes written and oral recommendations to resolve audit findings. Conducts follow-up reviews to verify compliance with actions recommended by audits of funds. Serves as the organizational or governmental agency expert in reviewing and interpreting new and established directives, instructions, and regulations to determine their impact on complex or new programs related to real property and rent management and compiles information for management and Department Officials.
Only experience obtained by the closing date of this announcement will be considered.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
For Competitive Applicants/All US Citizens: If you meet the qualifications, you will be rated and ranked under Category Rating procedures. The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position. Candidates will be ranked into 3 categories: Best-Qualified; Highly-Qualified; and Qualified.
The Category Rating Process does not add veterans preference points or apply the rule of three, but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligible within each category. Preference eligible who meet the minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 per cent must be listed in the highest quality category (except in the case of scientific or professional positions at the GS-9 level or higher).
Qualified candidates will be assigned to a quality category. The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position. All applicants' qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Ability to Analyze Operations and Management Issues
Knowledge of Program/Project Area
Ability to Communicate Orally
Ability to Communicate in Writing
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees. This link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees http://www.usajobs.gov/ResourceCenter/Index/Interactive/Benefits#icc .
Conditions of Employment:
1. Entrance on duty is contingent upon completion of a pre-employment security investigation.
2. DIRECT DEPOSIT : All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
3. All male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must have registered for the selective service (see http://www.sss.gov/ ). If selected for this position, the applicant must sign a statement certifying his registration, or the applicant must demonstrate exempt status under the Selective Service Law.
- If you are an eligible Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) applicant, you may apply for special selection over other applicants for this position. Individuals who have special priority selection rights under CTAP or ICTAP must be well qualified for the position. To be well qualified, applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the vacant position and score 85 or better on established ranking criteria, not including veterans preference points, if applicable. CTAP and/or ICTAP eligibles must submit one of the following as proof of eligibility for the special selection priority: a separation notice; a recent (or last) performance appraisal; a "Notice of Personnel Action" (SF-50) documenting separation; or, if applicable, an agency certification that you cannot be placed after injury compensation has been terminated; an OPM notification that your disability annuity has been terminated; OR a Military Department or National Guard Bureau notification that you are retired under 5 U.S.C. 8337(h) or 8456. ( http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap .)
- If you are a veteran with preference eligibility and you are claiming 5-points veterans' preference, you must submit a copy of your DD-214 or other proof of eligibility. If you are claiming 10-point veterans' preference, you must also submit an SF-15, "Application for 10-Point Veterans' Preference" plus the proof required by that form. For more information on veterans preference see http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx
- The Department of Justice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Except where otherwise provided by law, there will be no discrimination because of color, race, religion, national origin, politics, marital status, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism.
- The Department of Justice welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities and is firmly committed to satisfying its affirmative obligations under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 to ensure that persons with disabilities have every opportunity to be hired and advanced on the basis of merit within the Department.
- The Department provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing specialist listed in the vacancy announcement. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- In addition to applying through competitive procedures certain applicants with disabilities may be considered non-competitively under a Schedule A hiring authority. To qualify for employment under Schedule A, an applicant must provide proof of disability and certification of job readiness. As proof of disability and certification of job readiness, applicants may provide records, statement, or other appropriate information issued from a licensed medical professional (e.g., a physician or other medical professional duly certified by a State, the District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory to practice medicine); a licensed vocational rehabilitation specialist (i.e., State or private); or an Federal agency, State agency, or an agency of the District of Columbia or a U.S. territory that issues or provides disability benefits. Proof of disability and certification of job readiness must be included in the application package. For more information and proof required see http://www.opm.gov/disability/PeopleWithDisabilities.asp .
According to the Department of Justice, price fixing, bid rigging, and market allocation by individuals or companies are felonies currently...