The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, California and your community!
The California National Guard is an Equal Opportunity Employer
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the California National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Upon acceptance of a military technician position Soldiers who are currently receiving a military Reenlistment/Extension Bonus (REB) or GI Bill-SR Kicker may lose incentive eligibility and may be subject to termination or suspension of incentive (includes indefinite and temporary technicians on assignment for more than 180 days in any continuous 12-month period).
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: ALL SOURCES: Current military members of the Army National Guard, Army Reserve or Regular Army
Military grade of E4 Through E9 or W1 Through W5
Recruitment/Relocation Incentive IS NOT authorized.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS ) is NOT authorized, based on determination that PCS move is not in the Government best interest.
Position Requires Travel : Some, 1 to 5 days per month
Security Clearance Required: Secret
Compatible Military Assignments: ENL: Predominate MOS of USPFO Warrant: 011
Recommended Certificates; GFEBS Provisioning, Fiscal Law, PEC,
Resource Management Course, PEC budget Analyst Course.
Provide Documentation for the above and any SAP training.
THIS IS A PERMANENT POSITION
This position is located in a State Headquarters directorate or division level office. The purpose of this position is to serve as the analyst and consultant for the management and administration of programs within the directorate or division. Serves as key coordination point for all program requirements. This work requires knowledge of management principles, organizational theory and techniques of analysis. Knowledge of agency administrative guidance and operating procedures coupled with analytical ability is required to develop information required by the chief to determine feasibility and legality of proposed program and operational plans.
General: Experience, education, or training in administrative, professional, investigative, technical or other responsible work which demonstrates analytical ability and a practical and theoretical knowledge of the functions, processes and principles of management. Experience using computer and automation systems.
Program Analyst GS-0343-09: Must have 24 months of specialized experience which has provided a working knowledge of the National Guard organizational structures, functions, procedures, and techniques. Experience analyzing, interpreting and developing policies and procedures of local management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: The following knowledges, skills, and abilities will be used by the selecting officials to determine the best qualified applicants from which selection will be made:
1. Knowledge of National Guard Organizational structures, functions, procedures, and techniques.
2. Ability to apply practices, theories, techniques, and methods of management.
3. Ability to analyze and interpret policies, and procedures of higher headquarters as to applicability.
4. Ability to gather, assemble, and analyze facts; draw conclusions and develop solutions to assigned problems.
5. Skill in working with people of various trades and backgrounds.
6. Ability to orally present and discuss complex matters in a clear and convincing manner.
Substitution of Education for specialized experience - A maximum of 12 months of the required experience may be substituted by successful completion of undergraduate study in an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester hours for 12 months of experience. The education must have been in fields directly related to the type of the work of the position.
**Course work in fields closely related to those specified may be accepted if it clearly provides applicants with the background of knowledge and skills necessary for successful job performance.**
COPIES OF TRANSCRIPTS ARE REQUIRED FOR EDUCATION TO BE CREDITABLE
Conditions of Employment:
- CREDITING EXPERIENCE: NATIONAL GUARD SERVICE MAY BE CREDITED AS FULL-TIME EXPERIENCE WHEN EVALUATED AGAINST THE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR A MILITARY TECHNICIAN POSITION. EXPERIENCE MUST BE DIRECTLY RELATED TO THE POSITION AND MUST BE DESCRIBED IN THE WORK EXPERIENCE SECTION OF THE APPLICATION AND/OR résumé . THE LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE IS DETERMINED BY THE ACTUAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES PERFORMED. BE DESCRIPTIVE, A SIMPLE LIST OF JOB TITLES AND DATES WILL NOT SUFFICE.
Must maintain appropriate level of security clearance.
Must wear appropriate military uniform including required grooming standards.
Must maintain a compatible military unit, grade and job assignment as required by current directives.
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire and supporting documents.
If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees. The following Web addresses are provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees.
For information regarding Federal benefits, please see: http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/benefits.asp
Flexible Spending Accounts - https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. : http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - : http://www.ltcfeds.com/
Retirement Program - http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
This link provides and overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees. http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/benefits.asp
1. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
2. Please do not send/fax/courier/email any applications or resumes to the California National Guard Human Resources Office, you must apply on-line or fax your application to the fax number 1-478-757-3144 listed on this announcement with the prescribed cover letter. The Human Resource Office can only process materials received through USA Jobs.
3. NOTE TO ALL APPLICANTS: A STANDING REGISTER WILL BE CREATED FROM THE LISTING OF QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR THIS/THESE POSITION(S). APPLICANTS MAY BE CONSIDERED FOR POSITIONS IN THE SPECIALTY AREA AT THE SPECIFIED LOCATIONS FOR UP TO 60 DAYS FROM THE CLOSE OF THIS VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT.
4. Social Security Number: Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks, and others who may know you. Failure to provide your Social Security number on your application materials will result in your application not being processed.
5. PRIVACY ACT- Privacy Act Notice (PL 93-579): The information requested here is used to determine qualification for employment and is authorized under Title 5 U.S.C. 3302 and 3361.
6. False Statements - If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or you may be subject to fine, imprisonment, or other disciplinary action.
usajobs.gov - 2 years ago
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...