This announcement will be used to fill vacancies through OPM-authorized government-wide Direct Hire Authority. Veterans preference, and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to this vacancy. For more information on OPM's authorization of Direct Hire Authority, please visit https://www.opm.gov/directhire/index.asp
The incumbent serves as a Program Analyst on the State Analysis and Oversight Team in National Healthcare Operations (NHO) within Healthcare and Insurance (HI). NHO was established within HI to administer OPM's responsibilities under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). NHO is charged with developing and administering new programs intended to provide high quality, affordable insurance options to uninsured Americans. Specifically, NHO is responsible for the development and implementation of the Multi-State Plan Program (MSPP) and provides critical support to the Department of Health and Human Services in implementing the Pre-Existing Conditions Insurance Plan (PCIP) Program and the Federal external review process. In this capacity, the employee serves in a confidential role and is involved in issues of direct concern to the Assistant Director of NHO.
- U.S. Citizen
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by a background investigation
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
- Relevant experience (see Qualifications below)
- Track inquiries from State officials, respond to requests for information about the MSPP and OPM's execution of the program, participate in Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight (CCIIO)-hosted Exchange meetings with States, and coordinate with State officials to implement the MSPP;
- Monitor MSPP issuer activities and work closely with the State for oversight of MSPP issuers;
- Assist in conducting 51-State surveys of core areas pertaining to private health insurance law and regulations in the individual and small group markets;
- Identify and summarize public comments received on the MSPP proposed regulations;
- Monitor State legislation and regulations related to private health insurance;
- Perform basic studies of current and new developments in the health insurance industries in such areas as benefits utilization, cost containment and performance;
- Draft policy options and position papers on State health insurance policy and matters that impact administration of the MSPP; and
- Track, monitor and evaluate State legislation, regulations, and policy that may impact, directly or indirectly, the operations of the MSPP.
You must have one year of specialized experience at the GS-9 grade level in the Federal service or equivalent monitoring, tracking, and evaluating state legislation, regulations, and policies and monitoring health insurance law trends in health insurance markets.
Three years of progressively higher level graduate-level education leading to a Ph.D. degree, or a Ph.d or equivalent doctoral degree in a related field.
An equivalent combination of education or experience described above which qualify you for the GS-11 grade level.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your application to ensure you meet the job requirements.
Highly Qualified ICTAP candidates will be referred to the selecting official for further review.
Direct Hire Authority (DHA) Applicants who meet basic qualification requirements may be forwarded to the Selecting Officer for further consideration.
OPM offers a comprehensive benefits package. This link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered.
Relocation expenses will not be paid.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies.
Special Employment Consideration: Persons with disabilities, disabled veterans who have a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more, certain other veterans, spouses of certain members of the armed forces, and returning Peace Corps volunteers are examples of individuals who are potentially eligible for non-competitive appointment. For further information click here: Special Hiring Authorities . If you are eligible and would like to be considered for one of these non-competitive appointments, please indicate the type of appointment you are seeking on your application and follow all other instructions for applying.
Veterans Equal Opportunities Act (VEOA): Preference eligibles and veterans separated after three or more years of honorable active duty service receive equal consideration with status federal employees. Veterans preference does not apply. For more information see: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Veterans_Employment_Opportunity_Act_of_1998_%28VEOA%29
usajobs.gov - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard