The Program Analyst (PA) will be part of the Program Management team. The PA is responsible for collecting and analyzing data needed to enable successful Integrated Circuit (IC) development. Particular focus is on creating and maintaining master program development schedule, interfacing with development teams (IC design, layout, and product test teams) to update status, and being present and sometimes leading development related meetings.
Program Analysts (PA) are responsible for supporting the Program Manager (PM) in all matters surrounding the development of a given part. These activities include:
• Regular meetings with development personnel and the ability to extract key data for scheduling and risk reporting purposes.
• Support the PM in the monitoring of critical program team resources. The development team typically consists of resources from a variety of departments including IC design and layout, Product Test, Reliability, QA, Finance, Sourcing, Apps team, and Systems engineering. As such, the PA should be able to foster and maintain relationships across a myriad of teams.
• Responsible for creating and maintaining project master schedules by tracking task status with cross functional team members.
• Identify project critical path, and propose risk mitigation/contingency strategies for potential schedule slips to the PM.
• Create and aggregate power point decks for readiness reviews and PC presentations as requested by the PM.
• Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite including MS Project and willingness to strive for expert skills in MS Project
• Working knowledge of Sharepoint is considered a plus.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Detail orientation and ability to manage data from multiple sources and establish clarity.
• Familiarity with IC design, process, testing, and packaging
Will work closely with Program Managers and engineers to create and maintain highly credible project schedules in a very complex development environment. These schedules must comprehend all relevant risks resulting from portfolio mix, sourcing mix and dependencies.
• Maintain the above plans via periodic updates. Work closely with engineers and layout persons to manage the detailed schedules. This will include status, indicators, schedule trends, risks, schedule optimization and mitigation recommendations.
• Supporting program managers with obtaining/collecting data for product readiness reviews and PC presentations.
• Partner with others to ensure necessary processes for disciplined planning resulting in credible schedules.
• Develop and maintain the master project schedule in MS project.
• Develop and maintain the weekly milestone tracking sheet by following up with cross functional engineering members on completion of task to schedule.
• Identify critical path and analyze potential changes to that path. Identify these to the PM along with proposed mitigation and contingency plans.
Required: Associate's or equivalent experience
Preferred: Bachelor's, Computer Science
Qualcomm - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
QUALCOMM Incorporated, incorporated in 1985, designs, manufactures and markets digital wireless telecommunications products and services...