International Financial Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, fosters sustainability economic growth in developing countries by financing private sector investment, mobilizing private capital in local and international financial market, and providing advisory services to businesses and governments. Our purpose is to create opportunities for people to escape poverty and improve their lives in the areas where is needed most. IFC’s Global Financial markets department works to build a strong and sustainable private financial sector, which creates opportunities for people to escape poverty and improve their lives.
The Private Equity Funds - Financial markets Department in Washington DC is hiring a Program Assistant for the unit as per details given..
Duties and Accountabilities:
The Program Assistant will be expected to take a proactive role in providing effective, high quality operational and administrative support to the team. Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Provide administrative support to the Private Equity Fund Manager, the Funds front office and its regions associated.
• Coordinate and work with counterparts and clients at HQ and in the field, and handle administrative logistics for missions, seminars, and dissemination of documents for the team.
• Provide operational support to work program team(s) in new business on all aspects of project preparation and implementation according to the project cycle.
• Perform basic research using various internal/external information resources. Process reports using Word, Excel and PowerPoint programs
• Update and maintain the Funds Pipeline weekly.
• On knowledge management co-ordinate with financial Markets updating and maintaining the private equity space in iCollaborate.
• Process procurement transactions and short term appointments.
• Provide back-up support to other program assistants in the Fund group;
• Responsible for administrative tasks as assigned by the Manager and Executive Assistant.
Minimum years of relevant experience: High school diploma with a minimum of 3 years work Experience.
• Excellent understanding and thorough knowledge of Bank operations and operational and administrative policy procedures and processes, policies and SAP are essential.
• Excellent administrative, analytical, office support, and organization skills with attention to detail, ability to prioritize (while maintaining high degree of confidentiality), and delivering assignments on a timely manner.
• Ability to perform a full range of administrative and client support services with a high degree of flexibility and demonstrated capacity to handle a variety of concurrent activities, judge priorities and take initiative in a very fast paced environment.
• Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills in both oral & written English in order to deal tactfully and effectively with internal external contacts at all levels, with outstanding writing and editing skills.
• Results-oriented team player with a high degree of initiative, reliability and resourcefulness.
• Thorough knowledge and use of all relevant computer software, including advanced functions of Bank standard computer applications, e-mail usage, and internet research; with ability to research for, retrieve, organize, present, maintain and manipulate data.
• Highly motivated, dedicated, reliable, and flexible, in order to achieve planned results.
• Ability to carry through initiatives independently.
• Willingness to take up additional ad-hoc responsibilities other than duties directly related to this position whenever needed;
• Demonstrated initiative in developing practical approaches that improve office support work and effectiveness of unit team with ability to work collaboratively and in partnership with other ACS in the department and across boundaries, as part of one extended team.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Only online applicationa will be accepted through www.ifc.org/careers.
IFC - 16 months ago
IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in developing countries....