Global Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services Department is currently recruiting a highly motivated Team/Program Assistant to work with a team of investment officers and Industry Specialists. The position will be based in Washington, DC.
Duties and Accountabilities:
The Program Assistant provides a critical level of administrative, logistical and time management support. The successful candidate should have excellent interpersonal skills and good judgment in dealing with high level external and internal contacts. The incumbent responsibilities would be - but not limited to:
- Provide high-quality administrative and operational support to a team of supervisors working on Manufacturing and Climate Business projects;
- Knowledge of IFC guidelines and procedures for project processing; serve as information resource on status of projects;
- Ensure effective processing and quality of a variety of documents and correspondence, including appropriate clearances, distribution and filing in iDesk;
- Manage SAP travel requests and travel expense statements,; Process TRS, LARS and other Bank-related systems;
- Assist in the planning and monitoring of project-related activities, (i.e., logistical arrangements for regular meetings and client visits, teleconferences and videoconferences, guest passes, etc.);
- Maintain up-to-date Chron, travel, administrative and department files;
- Perform research and other ad hoc tasks as may be requested;
- Provide back-up support to the Manager’s Assistant and other Team/Program Assistants in their absence or during periods of heavy workload;
- Working with a high level of discretion and judgment in providing an effective assistant job, setting & managing priorities and the workflow of the team assisted
- Handling short-notice assignments as advised
Only applicants invited for interviews will be contacted.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the IFC and the World Bank Group, its organization and procedures, and willingness to learn more.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken; high proficiency in presentation, design and revision.
- Very high degree of flexibility and a demonstrated capacity to handle a variety of multiple concurrent activities, to judge priorities and to take initiative, while keeping a clear head in an action-oriented and fast-paced environment.
- Professional demeanor and solid office support and organizational skills. Ability to prioritize and balance competing demands under pressure, while keeping attention to detail.
- High degree of judgment, discretion, and diplomacy in handling confidential and sensitive matters.
- Demonstrated ability to deal tactfully and effectively with contacts at all levels, both inside and outside the Corporation.
- High level of motivation, commitment, and reliability.
- Exhibits positive and professional client service attitude; is able to understand clients’ needs and complete them professionally.
- Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results, and has the personal organization to do so
- Collaborates with other team members and contributes proactively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view
- Demonstrates flexibility and is respective to the implementation of new solutions. Is willing to stretch own capabilities. Demonstrates motivation to avail and adapt oneself to effecting change.
IFC - 21 months ago
IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in developing countries....