The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a Program Assistant for its Development Strategy and Governance Division (DSGD) to provide administrative support to the Division’s administrative staff and all Washington-DC-based senior staff with respect to the duties listed below. This is one year, fixed term, non-exempt, renewable appointment based at IFPRI Headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Travel arrangements: Travel planner form, visa applications, request for itineraries, issuance of tickets, cash advance, and review and preparation of travel expense reports prior to approval by the SAC and DD.
- Meeting arrangements: Room reservation, meeting materials, presentation requirements, setting-up teleconference, catering and taking/taping or transcribing Minutes of Meeting as needed.
- Visitors: Office/hotel reservation, pick-up and return of office keys, computer connections, assigned office name tag/labeling, and arrangement for brown bag/seminar/presentation.
- Office supplies: Maintain adequate supply of commonly used/requested items for the division’s use.
- Service Center assistance, which includes but not limited to the following:
- Letters/mails – for fax, pick-up and distribution, maintain an updated pigeonhole assignment for DSG staff.
- Library/ Library/publications - request and pick-up from the Library or Communication’s Publication Section
- Discussion Papers/DSG orientation packet/publications – for mailing/distribution
- Orderliness and adequate supplies are available for printers and photo-copying machine
- Weekly News/Inside IFPRI Items: Collect/gather/request DSG staff for relevant information about research, meetings, visitors, travel or publications.
- Files: Keep updated DSG’s travel/leave calendar, create and maintain a complete, updated and functional filing system for DSG records and perform periodic archiving of documents.
- Perform other duties/assignments that may be assigned.
- Minimum of one year administrative work experience.
- Proficient in computers and software application including MS Office especially Outlook; experience with spreadsheets and word processing, familiarity with computer networks, email and the Internet.
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work responsibly with minimal supervision.
- Detail-oriented and ability to follow through to closure.
- Ability to handle confidential matters.
- Comfortable working with financial information and numbers in general.
- Experience working in an international setting.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-cultural work environment.