Program Assistant: This is professional work assisting planning, organizing and coordinating details for park and facility use at various parks. Includes, but not limited to, park and facility reservations as well as assisting with programming events, summer camps and activities.
Mi Minimum Qualifications: A High School Diploma or its equivalent and two (2) years of experience in a public contact position related to the nature of the division to which this position has been allocated. ****Must possess or have the ability to obtain CPR and First Aid certification within 90 days of employment.
- Assist with planning, developing, implementing and promoting recreational based programs centered around a facility or assigned area. Assist with division wide special events and coverage of other recreation sites as needed.
- Assist with scheduling and coordinating reservations, groups, instructors, contracts and registrations utilizing reservation software. Assist with creating and distributing promotional information for recreational programs and facilities. Provides customer service. Work with neighborhood, youth and community groups. Work with volunteers to partner and optimize recreational opportunities for the public.
- Collect fees and charges for services rendered at Arlington Park, create and renew passes, assist with facility rentals, assigning lanes and daily closeouts.
- Assist with facility and park maintenance to include grooming courts for leagues and after facility hours, cleaning lines on courts, assisting with windscreen and net replacement.
- Other duties as assigned to include working with the summer camp, specialty camps and other facility needs.
** Subject to Passing Substance Screening
T This position is subject to passing a pre-employment substance screening. An applicant who fails to pass a required drug screening test shall be disqualified from employment in any class for a period of five years.
Physical Demands: Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Schedule: 9:00 am. - 5:00 pm. Work schedule may vary due to split shifts, rotations, on-call, emergencies, etc. This position will be expected to work weekends, holidays and occasional nights.
Sarasota County Government is committed to wellness and successful
applicants must be tobacco free for twelve months preceding date of application.
Drug Free Work Environment EOE/AA/ADA