Provides outreach assistance and organizational support to the Associate Vice President for Communications and assists the Office for Communications with special events and management projects.
Bachelor’s degree required; minimum two years of experience in a communications office required, preferably in a media relations capacity. Capitol Hill experience strongly desired, but not required.
Excellent communication, organizational, and administrative skills. Ability to effectively present and explain public policy research to the media and general public. Initiative, dependability, news and public policy savvy, and an ability to juggle multiple projects and competing priorities simultaneously. Ability to work under short deadlines and in pressure situations – can deliver in a rapidly changing, fast-paced media environment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
60% Communications and Outreach – Assists the Associate Vice President with
20% Provides administrative support to the Associate Vice President by
- Creating and maintaining partnerships with media outlets.
- Creating and implementing external relations strategies for Brookings, especially Capitol Hill and the executive branch.
- Executing communications plans and coordination for all-Brookings priorities.
- Assisting in internal communications for Brookings.
- Implementing plans for special initiatives and programs.
20% Other duties as assigned
- Handling Associate Vice President’s correspondence, calendar, etc.
- Assisting in document management, preparation and logistics for meetings of the program communications directors and event/outreach staff and of the program deputies.
- Maintaining database of partnership organizations.
- Maintaining and updating external and internal guidelines and performance metrics for the office of Communications.
- Assisting in document management and work flow.
- Handling requests from internal leadership and key external audiences.
Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications for the position will be considered. Successful completion of a background investigation is required for employment in this position. No phone calls please. Brookings welcomes resumes from all qualified applicants, particularly women and minorities.
- Answering telephones.
- Maintenance of event calendar.
- Coordinating public event logistics.
- Providing backup support for other staff members in the office.
The Brookings Institution - 2 years ago
The Brookings Institution may know an egghead or two (or 300). The non-partisan public policy organization is comprised of more than 300...