Under the direction of the Group Exercise Coordinator, the Program Assistant will assist Group Exercise instructors in facilitating various classes for children. During class the Program Assistant will serve as a liaison for parent communications, as well as helping children participate in activities. Duties include setting up for classes, dancing and interacting with children, helping the instructor with classroom management, and talking to parents. This position will work closely with Group Exercise Coordinator, Group Exercise Instructors, other Program Assistants, parents and child of the YMCA community. This position also includes participation in special events for children, such as the monthly Kid’s Dance Party.
- A commitment to the YMCA mission and its core values of honesty, respect, responsibility and caring as well as a commitment to building developmental assets in youth. Value diversity, youth, and have a broad vision of health and wellness that is enhanced by relationship building.
- Must be at least 16 years of age and have experience working with children.
- Must be extremely outgoing, and have the ability to create relationships with parents, participants, and co-workers.
- Prior knowledge of dance or gymnastics is preferred but not mandatory.
- Ability to work with parents and instructors is a must.
YMCA of Silicon Valley - 21 months ago
The Y is a powerful association of men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life joined together by a shared passion: to...