ABA ROLI is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in roughly 60 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 700 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI's host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.
The American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative seeks a Program Associate for its Middle East and North Africa Division. The division has overseas offices throughout the region. This will be a full-time position in Washington, D.C.
The Program Associate has the following responsibilities:
Education: Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university.
- Assist in the design, development and implementation of overseas programs and activities.
- Conducts research for program design and implementation or for proposal development.
- Supports budget management by monitoring expenditures and preparing projections.
- Primarily responsible for budget development in collaboration with senior program staff.
- Supports preparation of project reports to donors.
- Primarily responsible for administrative backstopping in DC office and overseas offices, including coordination of travel arrangements, contracting processes, and submission and review of expense reports.
- Assist with program outreach by drafting brief program highlights for web-based content.
- Ensure compliance with organization and donor regulations/policies.
- Track a wide range of information, including payments, expense reports, contracts, and consultant information.
REQUIRED: Excellent interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, strong written and verbal communications skills, familiarity with Microsoft Office and internet research skills, analytical and problem solving skills, and the ability to work independently.
PREFERRED: Experience in management of rule of law programs in the region, experience with finance and budgeting.
idealist.org - 5 months ago