ABA ROLI is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in roughly 60 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 700 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups. |
The American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative seeks a Program Associate for its Middle East and North Africa Division. The division has overseas offices throughout the region. This will be a full-time position in Washington, D.C.
- Assist in the design, development and implementation of overseas programs and activities;
- Develop, monitor and revise program budgets; monitor monthly finance vouchers from overseas programs;
- Draft programmatic and financial reports for funders;
- Provide administrative backstopping for DC office and overseas offices, including coordination of travel arrangements, contracting processes, and submission and review of expense reports;
- Assist with program outreach by drafting brief program highlights for web-based content;
- Ensure compliance with organization and donor regulations/policies;
- Track a wide range of information, including payments, expense reports, contracts, and consultant information.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office and internet research skills;
- Experience with finance and budgeting, and the management of rule of law programs in the region is preferred.