Onondaga Community College seeks a talented and enthusiastic individual for the position of Program Associate – Admission. This position performs duties related to the processing of admission applications including significant data entry in Colleague, retrieval and interpretation of documents in Onbase and frequent phone, email and in-person contact with the public and the Onondaga Community College community regarding the policies and procedures of admission to the college.
• Assist Director of Admission and his/her designee in the facilitation from inquiry to enrollment of complicated materials and questions regarding admission of international students and interpretation of rules and regulations set force by the US government. Provide assistance in the form of preliminary review of credentials presented and interpretation of prerequisites for all Health Profession academic programs and potentially other programs as well;
• Perform duties related to admission application processing including:
o Data entry in Colleague from intake to completion/acceptance based upon interpretation of program requirements and data entry protocols as established in the Admission procedures for data;
o Review of applications submitted via the online application for accuracy and complete processing as above;
• Interpret information gleaned from documents (transcripts and other information related to admission) scanned into OnBase related to application review, and enter appropriate information into Colleague;
• Serve as primary contact for prospective students, guidance counselors, parents, faculty and the campus community at large and be able to research, interpret and provide accurate information to all regarding the entire admission process from inquiry to enrollment, including but not limited to: application status, advising, residence life, financial aid, and registration, and program specifics for Onondaga Community College’s academic programs and policies via telephone, email and in person;
• Provide back-up for Enrollment Associates at Student Central by evaluating, prioritizing and screening requests concerning admission, registration, financial aid and related processes as needed during peak registration times. Work as a team with the Enrollment Services division to support the objectives of the division as outlined in the Strategic Plan;
• Assist with all Admission and Recruitment department activities including but not limited to: on campus college nights, Fall and Spring Open House, phone calls to accepted students and other special recruitment activities as needed;
• Other related duties as assigned.
• A background/experience that indicates dependability, flexibility, attention to detail, and the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment working as either a member of a diverse team or individually;
• Keyboard skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft© software applications (word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail, etc.) and Windows PC hardware and software.
• Possession of an Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university and 2 years work experience where an essential function involved working with people delivering customer/student service (or an equivalent combination of the aforementioned training and experience);
• A working knowledge of Colleague© software (or comparable student information-based software) and Web-based tools.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills together with a courteous, proactive, positive attitude well suited to dealing with “customers” in person and over the telephone;
• Problem-solving skills.
Special Instructions to Applicants