About the Position: This position is responsible for provision of psycho-educational and counseling services to residents and their families. Through these services, the Program Clinician will assist residents in developing self-knowledge and interpersonal skills, thereby preparing them to move to a less restrictive environment. The Program Clinician also provides clinical support and training for program staff on various topics related to mental health.
The Ideal Candidate Would:
· Provide adolescent residents with guidance and support through individual, family, group, milieu therapies and psycho-educational groups.
· Provide group therapy to residents in conjunction with program staff.
· Assesses and evaluates residents in conjunction with other staff at regular intervals.
· Provide primary counseling to residents in individual therapy.
· Provide crisis intervention counseling as needed.
· Provide case management services as well as make necessary referrals to community agencies to support continued treatment and discharge planning.
· Work with staff/family to develop daily programming that will meet each client’s/resident’s clinical needs.
· Maintain accurate treatment records in accordance with all state and federal licensing regulations (i.e. psychosocial assessments, treatment plans, updates and discharge summaries)
Some evening work and travel required. Position will be housed at Harbor Family Services in Winterport but entail some workings in family home environments requiring candidate to have the ability to walk up stairs.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Education or related field.
- LADC certification preferred
- Maintain a valid state driver’s license during period of employment, required.
- Experience providing clinical case review and training for mental health workers preferred.
- Ability to complete age based competency in children, adolescents, adults and geriatrics and disability based compentency for chemical dependency required.
- Knowledge and ability to work with adolescents and adults with various mental health diagnosis.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to make difficult decisions.
Sweetser - 30+ days ago