Supporting and assisting the Operations Manager in all aspects of the homestay and residential program in the designated territory; including but not limited to: Monterey, Santa Cruz, Long Beach CA and Vancouver, BC. The Program Coordinator would assist the Operations Manager with the following responsibilities:
- Timely staff and paid host family recruitment
- Ensure a positive, high quality experience for all participants, students and host families alike
- Fiscal responsibility and ability to manage/maintain budget
- Build a team through managing, supporting, hiring, training, mentoring and evaluating full time and seasonal staff
- Monitor the operations and performance of a variety of program sites and provide advice and direction for improvement
- Analyze staffing issues, assist Recruitment Manager with recruitment, marketing, training and retention of staff
- Provide leadership, expectations and coaching to all staff. Hold staff accountable for results related to recruitment, program quality and budget
- Provide staff with all reasonable support to ensure the success of their programs; and look for ways to improve the program.
- Travel to homestay communities to assist local staff with host family recruiting events
- Create and manage action plans for sites not meeting objectives
- Be available to participants to assist in the resolution of issues or to provide support as needed.
- College or University degree
- 3+ years full-time work experience
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to travel and manage a flexible work schedule
- Experience in a management role a plus
- Marketing experience a plus
EF Language Travel is dedicated to encouraging global awareness through cultural exchange and language learning. EF Language Travel allows international students ages 12 to 18 to explore another language and culture during homestay and residential programs in the US lasting two to four weeks.
EF Language Travel is a division of EF. EF stands for “ Education First ”. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people transform their lives by breaking down the barriers of language, culture and geography. Today we’re the world’s largest private education company- offering every imaginable way to learn a language, travel abroad, experience another culture, or earn an academic degree. For more information, visit http://www.ef.com/careers.
EF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.