Primary Purpose of Job:
Under the direction of the Administrative Manager and the Director of Food Distribution, to coordinate and help develop activities in compliance with DFTA mandate, to generate attendance, provide case assistance and referrals, and prepare and submit program reports.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work under the general supervision of the Administrative Manager.
- Ensure age eligibility is met by the adults admitted into the program. Greet and educate participants about program and services. Register new participants in the program.
- Help develop, coordinate, and implement activities and field trips with senior center participants’ and staff input that encourages the social, emotional, mental and physical development of the participants.
- Recruit, train and supervise special interest instructors and volunteers.
- Prepare and submit program reports to the Administrative Manager in a timely fashion (i.e., monthly levels, contributions, attendance; prepare, review and submit all required center reports). Develop and implement outreach plans to ensure maximum utilization of center. Make recommendations and assist in the implementation of goals and objectives.
- Prepare weekly and monthly calendar. Maintain and update bulletin board. Decorate the center to recognize a full spectrum of holidays and diverse groups. • Organize and promotes activities through invitation and flyers. Coordinate the set up and breakdown of all activities and be physically present and engaged during the activities. Escort participants to workshops outside of the program site.
- Ensure procedures and processes are followed to ensure the safety and welfare of all users of the Community Kitchen.
- Promote senior citizens participation and involvement in the advisory board, grievance committee, other such committees, and the center.
- Assist in the development of program resources.
- Perform other work as assigned.
NPT Publishing Group - 7 months ago