Reports to: Artistic and Executive Director
Hours: Part-time, flexible but must accommodate some late afternoon and evening rehearsal & performance schedule
BACKGROUND: The mission of the Jacksonville Children's Chorus is to provide a high- quality choral music education for children of diverse backgrounds, fostering teamwork, self-discipline, accomplishment and pride while filling an important cultural need in the community and sharing the beauty of the choral art form through artistically excellent performances.
PURPOSE: Major responsibilities include management of the non-musical aspects of the entry level choirs, including coordination of rehearsals and performances, recruitment, training and management of volunteers, and developing and nurturing relationships with Jacksonville Children's Chorus children and families.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Oversee logistical planning and implementation of entry level programs: classes, rehearsals, performances, recruiting, auditions, outreach activities, etc. Manage volunteers and interns assigned to the choirs
o Help with set up, food service and clean up.
- Recruit, manage and retain parent volunteers, providing training, to o Assists Chorus Staff during performances and social events.
o Order, catalogue, distribute, collect and file borrowed music
o Assist with filling and emptying folders at various times throughout the year.
o Photograph performances for possible use for publicity and archives. o Assist at rehearsal locations with check in/out and communications distributions, and serve as liaison to JCC program staff. o Assist at rehearsal room as needed with choir rehearsals and chaperone during breaks. o Serve on the special events planning committee to organize the annual spring concert dinner reception, invitations, publicity, group sales and other program needs. o Assist office staff in scheduling auditions, evaluations, answering telephones
o Assist program staff with coordination of tour details.
o Assist with the fitting of choral attire for the chorus, maintenance and coordination of uniforms for concerts, and assist with choral attire exchange and orders.
QUALIFICATIONS: Associate's degree or equivalent
- Develop strong relationships with JCC children and families, nurture the development of each child, and provide appropriate support for children and families.
- Communicate the Jacksonville Children's Chorus culture through role modeling and instruction. Supervision and discipline of children participating in chorus programs. Partner with and support the teachers and conductors who are working with the children. Prepare monthly reports and other work products as assigned by Artistic and Executive Director Assume administrative responsibilities as assigned by the Artistic and Executive Director.
- Minimum 2-3 years direct experience in youth development, previous performing arts management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of child development, group leadership, planning and scheduling required
- Ability to work with youth and families from a variety of backgrounds required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, administrative and computer skills required; strong background and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Publisher, Excel)
- Ability to work as a member of a team, as well as lead teams of children, volunteers and peers required
- A passion for music and singing and knowledge of arts management a plus
- The right candidate will be a capable, independent worker with strong entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Valid driver's license required
idealist.org - 13 months ago