The University Finance and Administration department under the division of Space Management is the focal point for the analysis, management and utilization of space within State funded Facilities (owned and leased) and provides data in support of both short and long-term capital planning as appropriate. This division reports directly to the Vice President of Finance and Administration and works collaboratively with all NAU units to develop and coordinate the use of state-funded institutional space, initiates and coordinates the planning for relocations and reassignment of space, and supporting material as requested.
This division is seeking a highly motivated person to help the department manage and analysis the utilization of space within the Campus Community. The ideal candidate will provide exceptional communication and customer service skills, be able to think strategically, manage and update the University Space Database with different types of information and be a relentless advocate of quality and accuracy of this data. The ideal candidate will also enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. This position is located at our Flagstaff campus.
* Conducts analyses, prepares reports and makes recommendations regarding the efficient use of University Space.
* Coordinates with other departments and campus agencies to update and maintain the University Space Database.
* Assists in the development, maintenance and the dissemination of University wide space management policies, guidelines and standards relating to the allocation and reallocation of space.
* Assists with the implementation of new processes and procedures are they relate to space management, including appropriate planning and communication with the campus community.
* Assists with the plans, management and execution of a wide variety of relocation projects, taking into account the University Department's space requirements and University design policies.
* May coordinate, monitor or supervise the activities of subordinates.
* Assists with the development of new or revised program goals and objectives.
* Planning, organizing and coordinating efforts needed to respond to University Space requests.
* Evaluates building and space uses and, after appropriate consultation, determines space allocations and assignments.
* Assists with the creation, coordination of business processes for maintaining accurate space information.
* Bachelor's degree in field appropriate to area of assignment AND two years administrative/coordinative program experience; OR,
* Six years of progressively responsible administrative coordinative program experience; OR,
* Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
* Experience working in a higher educational environment.
* Proven ability to form positive, collaborative relationship with various constituencies and be responsive to the diverse set of needs within the campus community.
* Commitment to quality and accuracy of work.
* Experience with construction, techniques, vocabulary and blue prints.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
* Commitment to diversity initiative, affirmative action and equal opportunity.
* Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communications skills.
* Proficiencies in use of business appropriate software programs, including word processing, spreadsheets, as well as familiarity with database data entry and retrieval techniques.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
$33,000 - $38,000
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified family members. More information on benefits at NAU is available at www.nau.edu/hr. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan) after 90 days of employment. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after your start date. More information is available at: http://hr.nau.edu/benefits/elig_enroll
July 8, 2013 at midnight
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on line at http://hr.nau.edu or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Affirmative Action Office at 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
Northern Arizona University - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard