The Program Coordinator position is distinguished by a high degree of responsibility and independence within general guidelines in coordination of the operation of the Department of Engineering Technology. The position will play a key role in the Department’s transition from ABET Engineering Technology to Engineering programs.
This position is part of a Washington Federation of State Employees bargaining unit. New employees are required to meet the membership requirements of the current collective bargaining agreement within 30 calendar days of employment.
About the Department: The Engineering Technology department includes programs in Electronics Engineering Technology, Manufacturing Engineering Technology, Plastics Engineering Technology, Industrial Design, and Vehicle Design. There are twelve full-time faculty, six technical staff, and 530+ undergraduate majors. The department is currently developing plans to transition the three engineering technology programs to engineering. Detailed information is available for the Engineering Technology program at http://www.etec.wwu.edu .
- Coordinate department accreditation process and records
- Departmental academic advising
- Coordinate departmental curriculum process and forms
- Perform internal and external outreach including – on-campus events such as SummerStart and Transitions, external outreach for high schools, community colleges, and industry
- Create and publish program materials such as brochures, newsletters, and cards
- Maintain departmental website, departmental calendar, and social media
- Generate high-quality work with careful attention to detail
- Primary departmental office reception
- Coordinate program admissions process and records
- Assist with organization of special events, coordinating with University-wide services
- Learn and follow standard operating procedures for the department
- Other duties as required
- Two years recent relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to work proficiently in a wide variety of computing applications and environments such as the University student database and e-forms, Microsoft Office, the Adobe Suite, and managing shared resources under the Windows file system
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills in a variety of venues
- Ability to work both independently and in a team oriented environment
- Ability to multitask, manage time well, and work effectively and flexibly under multiple deadlines in a busy office
- Ability to maintain a calm, cooperative and friendly work environment with a diverse population of staff, faculty, students and community members
- Demonstrated ability to design, compose, edit and proofread brochures and newsletters for print and web
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and preparing grant applications and renewals
- Demonstrated experience integrating new technology (i.e. social media and web-based platforms) into expanding communication venues
Academic Emphasis: N/A
Job Location: Western Washington University , Bellingham, WA
Salary: New hires typically begin at $2482/month including an excellent benefits package
Bargaining Union: A
Application Instructions and Requested Documents: Please log in below and submit your application via WWU's Electronic Application System for Employment (EASE). Note: You will need to be using Internet Explorer to fully utilize our online application system.
A cover letter and resume are required and should address your experience related to the position responsibilities and the required and preferred qualifications. You may cut and paste or upload your resume and cover letter as noted on the EASE application.
Please complete the education and work experience section of the EASE application and submit the names and contact information of three professional references.
Other Information: Follow Western Employment on Facebook and WWUEmployment on Twitter