This is half time position. Under general direction, the Program Coordinator provides information for freshman (or phase I) undergraduate students, transfer students, high school students and parents interested in programs in the Biology Department.
This position is part of a Washington Federation of State Employees bargaining unit. New employees are required to meet the membership requirements of the current collective bargaining agreement within 30 calendar days of employment.
Hours: Monday: 8-4:30; Tuesday: 8-4:30; Wednesday: 8-12
About the Department: Biology
- Provide information for freshman (or phase I) undergraduate students, transfer students, high school students and parents related to Biology Department undergraduate programs
- General curriculum advising for phase I biology majors
- In consultation with the Chair and the curriculum committee, develop advising materials
- Provide content for Biology program advising website
- Implement institutional and departmental policies/procedures for the initial acceptance of students into the major and, in consultation with the Chair, assign faculty advisors
- Give presentations on the Biology major to small groups for events such as Summerstart
- Maintain and update biology majors’ listserv for communication with biology majors
- Gather and report data related to the status of biology majors; provide Biology Department Chair with data for annual report
- Assist in planning yearly class schedule for the department; enter department schedule into banner
- Work with Biology Department Office Assistant 3 to maintain and update Biology Department website and Facebook presence
- Perform other related duties as required
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Two years of experience supporting an academic or specialized program
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with website maintenance
- Proficiency in MS Access
- Experience with Banner system
Academic Emphasis: N/A
Job Location: Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA
Salary: New hires typically begin at $1241/month including an excellent benefits package
Bargaining Union: A
Application Instructions and Requested Documents: Please log in below and submit your application via WWU's Electronic Application System for Employment (EASE). Note: You will need to be using Internet Explorer to fully utilize our online application system.
A cover letter and resume are required and should address your experience related to the position responsibilities and the required and preferred qualifications. You may cut and paste or upload your resume and cover letter as noted on the EASE application.
Please complete the education and work experience section of the EASE application and submit the names and contact information of three professional references.
Other Information: Follow Western Employment on Facebook and WWUEmployment on Twitter
Western Washington University - 9 months ago