This position will be responsible for the daily business and financial activities of a set of programs in the Advanced Products Center within Space and Airborne Systems. Responsibilities include being responsible for cost/schedule control and analysis, Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS), Forecasting, Estimate-at-Completion (EAC), variance analysis, data reviewing and reporting, partnering with the Program Manager and CAM’s/IPTL’s, and provide personal involvement in the successful execution of the contracts. Other responsibilities are to drive the finance process for a set of programs, monitor program health and compliance, and partnering with functional team members to improve program financial metrics. In addition, this position is responsible for actively identifying risks that affect cost and/or schedule and providing proactive analysis of all financial aspects of the projects.
The ideal candidate would be able to work in a challenging fast paced team environment, be a success minded team member who possesses strong self-initiative and multi-tasking skills, be able to provide analytical support while under critical deadlines, and be involved on process improvement initiatives.
• (2+ years finance experience in the Aerospace and/or Defense Industry with a Bachelor's Degree) OR (6+ years of finance experience in the Aerospace and/or Defense Industry with an Associate's Degree) OR (10+ year finance experience in the Aerospace and/or Defense Industry with a HS Diploma/GED).
• Understanding and application of finance principles, concepts, practices, and standard knowledge of industry practices, such as, Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) and Estimate-at-Completes (EAC)
• Understanding of indirect cost and overhead rates
• Experienced in preparation of financial forecasting, budgeting and variance analysis, competency with MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) is required
• Interpersonal and presentation skills
• Familiarity with and working knowledge of SAP, APEX or PRISM
• Ability to quickly master Business Systems
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with program management
• Self-starter, organization skills and shows initiative by seeking ways to improve processes and data analysis
• Works under general direction and participates in determining objectives of assignment plans, schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives after training period
Business Unit Profile
Go further. Outdo yourself. Set a mission and accomplish it with Raytheon. As a world-leading supplier of defense and aerospace systems, Raytheon is your partner for achieving professional success. Our Space and Airborne Systems (SAS), is a world leader in integration systems and solutions for advanced missions.
As a Raytheon employee, you will enjoy comprehensive healthcare coverage including medical, prescription drug, vision and dental care, as well as Healthcare & Dependant Care Reimbursement Accounts. Your financial well-being will be supported through our saving and investment plan, stock ownership plan, and retirement benefits. Moreover, we offer flexible work arrangements and provide various other forms of employee assistance.
* Discover a place where your aspirations match your goals.
* Where talented people can make an impact.
* Where challenges are a daily occurrence and rewards always follow.
Make your next move to Raytheon!
Raytheon - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company regularly...