Responsible for oversight and management of the Program site and for all staff, budgets, and monthly reports.
· Directs the budget, including spending rate, distribution of petty cash and budget modifications
· Manages and oversees operation of all activities
· Directs the recruitment of participants
· Conducts outreach and consultation with other Community Based Organizations (CBO’s) and social service agencies
· Responsible for hiring and supervision of staff
· Facilitates contract, program and fiscal compliance with Funding Agency
· Conducts monthly program meetings with staff, funding agency, school and community
· Responsible for introductory and annual appraisals of staff
· Evaluates staff that needs training in areas of their job function. Researches in conjunction with the Training department, affordable training programs to enhance personnel.
· Experience with OCFS School Age Child Care Regulations
· Contract compliance
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university plus experience in education and program management. Effective written and verbal communication skills important, leadership skills, flexibility, and the ability to supervise staff to work in a team setting in a cohesive manner is absolutely necessary. Bi-lingual a plus. CPR/First Aide certification desired. Compliance required for NYC Department of Health and NYC Department of Education hiring policies
Scope of Responsibility & Positions Supervised:
· Director has the ability to hire and terminate staff based on performance
· Manages total of 50-200 participants activities in a school or community based setting
· Director is the liaison between the school and the Program and meets with the Principal on a frequent basis
· Regular interactions with parents, discuss student progress and incidents with parents and offer solutions for further actions
· Delegate jobs/tasks to staff as needed for the program to meet contractual requirements and maintenance of safety
· Following all program rules and regulations set forth by Goodwill Industries of Greater NY and Northern NJ and funding source
Special Working Conditions:
Must be able to work in limited areas in the school building.
Goodwill Industries of Greater NY and Northern NJ, Inc. - 12 months ago