The Program Director is responsible for implementation, ongoing management and strategic growth of the program: outpatient Wound Care Center®, HBO, inpatient and outreach. The Program Director oversees day-to-day program operations and is responsible for: budgeting, revenue and cost management, reimbursement, quality management, performance improvement, marketing and community education, and human resource management. The Program Director is responsible for maintaining collaborative and consultative client relationships, integrating programs within the hospital organization and creating effective working relationships within the company, both internal and external to the hospital organization. Ultimately, the Program Director is accountable for achieving program metrics, demonstrating the value proposition to the customer and contract retention.
Operations Management (20%):
Financial Management / Reimbursement (10%):
- Providing day-to-day management oversight for outpatient clinic, HBO and other wound continuum sites of care, which may include inpatient and outreach.
- Utilizing Company’s resources to develop and implement customized policies and procedures.
- Continuously analyzing systems and processes; developing and implementing best practices and appropriate changes to improve outcomes in a timely manner.
- Monitoring clinic flow to improve efficiencies and productivity.
- Working with hospital and company personnel to ensure availability of adequate resources, supplies, equipment and services.
- Developing communication methods to facilitate the flow of information and maximize effective communication throughout the program
Community Education / Marketing (40%):
- Managing and/or coordinating all aspects of the revenue cycle including: inquiry conversion, scheduling, registration, treatment authorization, documentation, coding, charge entry, billing, collections and, denial processes.
- Implementing audit and reconciliation processes to ensure accuracy. Regularly reviews the Charge Description Master and Superbill to ensure appropriate reimbursement. Conducts chart audits to monitor and ensure documentation meets regulatory and billing requirements. Stays current with reimbursement changes, providing physician and staff updates and education as needed.
- Reviewing and analyzing key financial reports, identifying key indicator trends and developing plans to ensure best practices are implemented to appropriately maximize clinic and overall program profitability and/or address variances.
- Tracking and reporting all inpatient, outpatient, outreach, HBO and ancillary revenues generated by the program. Responsible for cost management through appropriate utilization and management of labor and supply utilization. Working with Region support team to complete a quarterly financial review and presenting results to hospital leadership.
Human Resource Management / Leadership (5%):
- Developing, implementing and consistently executing a marketing and community education plan. Working collaboratively with the hospital to coordinate market specific activities.
- Initiating contacts and developing key relationships with all appropriate healthcare referral sources as accomplished through routine correspondence campaign, direct mail, press kits and, consistent contact with referral sources through presentation of a minimum 40 patient progress reports and case studies monthly.
- Facilitating and/or conducting individual and group educational presentations to the healthcare professional and general community.
- Influencing Medical Director and panel physicians to function as program advocates.
- Documenting contacts and regularly monitoring physician referral patterns to identify and manage trends.
Quality Management / Performance Improvement (10%):
- Recruiting, interviewing, hiring and managing personnel in conjunction with the company/hospital’s Human Resources Department.
- Establishing performance expectations, providing regular feedback and consistently managing these expectations. Completing performance appraisals, promoting staff development activities, utilizing performance improvement procedures as necessary, and adhering to the hospital/company policies and procedures.
- Developing an effective team, motivating and influencing staff to excel.
- Collaborating with Clinical Coordinator and Medical Director to develop, implement and manage a continuous Performance Improvement Program (PIP). Ensuring program is integrated into the client facility’s PIP program.
- Participating in hospital committees as appropriate. Ensuring timely and accurate documentation in the patient record and input of data into outcomes database.
- Ensuring appropriate compliance with Clinical Practice Guidelines. Retrospectively reviewing monthly outcome report(s) and collaborating with clinic Triad regarding peer review and other improvement opportunities.
- Monitoring patient, referring physician and customer satisfaction.
- Ensuring regulatory compliance with JCAHO and other applicable accrediting and regulatory bodies.
- Designating a Safety Director and monitoring program operations for patient safety.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Nursing or related field
- Maintaining excellent relationship with hospital client and continuously seeking to understand needs, confirm goal alignment and demonstrate value proposition.
- Identifying the hospital strategic goals and objectives and managing the program to achieve those goals. Integrating effectively and seamlessly at all levels within the client organization. Participating in hospital department/management meetings and actively participating in Hospital communication and social activities.
- Building and developing effective working relationships with panel physicians, clinical and support staff. Encouraging all program staff to interact positively and in a spirit of good teamwork with members of other hospital departments. Meeting regularly with key hospital leaders regarding goal achievement. Regularly communicating to Region Management key aspects of program performance.
Master’s in Healthcare Administration or Business Administration preferred
Three to five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Management experience preferred
Marketing experience preferred
Basic word processing and spreadsheet skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Overnight travel, after-hours work and on-call availability
Healogics - 2 years ago
Healogics creates opportunities for hospitals, physicians and the patients they serve. We offer a full array of services, flexible contracts...