Position ID: FY2013.HETP.
Location : Bridgeton and Vineland, NJ
Salary : Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company that works to improve the quality of health care, education and social services in the U.S. and around the world. We provide technical assistance and field research to strengthen health systems and service quality by empowering health workers to find and expand proven and locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. URC is dedicated to expanding access to high-quality maternal, newborn and child health services, preventing and reducing infectious diseases including HIV/AIDS, TB and malaria; and improving family planning and reproductive health education.
Established in 1965, our work spans over 30 countries around the globe. Our mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission ( http://www.urc-chs.com/ ).
Division & Project Overview
Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, the Center for Human Services, the nonprofit 501(c) 3, affiliate of University Research Co. LLC, is a leader in language acquisition, adult education, and public health. In 1988, we expanded our offices to New Jersey where we have offered a variety of programs in Cumberland, Salem, and surrounding counties. Our program offerings range from English as a Second Language (ESL) instruction, support for disabled migrant and seasonal farmworkers, a referral network for women living with HIV /AIDS and Diabetes self-management classes and family literacy services.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Center for Human Services is now looking to hire a Program Director in its NJ branch office. The Program Director will work closely with the Director of CHS’ NJ office and Headquarters’ senior management team to oversee and advance CHS’ education, health and supportive services portfolio, ensuring effective performance of all related operations. He/ She will contribute to and oversee the technical aspects of the portfolio, as well as participate in project and business development decisions, and cultivate relationships between CHS and external agencies and partners. Reporting to the Director of CHS’ NJ branch office, the Program Director will work with the Director to foster CHS’ continued success. He/She will also contribute to the completion of the organization’s mission, help create and manage program content and initiatives, and ensure congruency between funding requirements and the delivery of services to the community. Specific duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
· Complete project reports; execute project data collection and reporting activities; establish and coordinate project schedules and all other related activities.
· Contribute to quality assurance of programming through program review, reporting and follow up with staff.
· Participate in business development efforts; boost services and collaboration opportunities, interfacing with organizations with similar or complementary missions; work with the Director of CHS’ NJ Branch to negotiate all related contracts and agreements.
· Build relationships with community representatives, as well as city, state or Federal government agency officials to enhance current project activities.
· Identify skills-based areas of professional development for local staff and develop training/programs that will enable them to grow in their ability to understand and implement interventions.
· Provide technical expertise in best practice in adult education, linguistics, workforce development and/or public health (diabetes self-management and HIV /AIDS).
· Work with the Senior Scientist to ensure that monitoring and evaluation plans/activities are implemented as intended.
· Assist in the coordination, collection and analysis of information for, and write in full or in part, grant proposals, reports, and other documents related to acquisition and implementation of projects and programs. Lead and guide other staff in these same tasks.
· Office Management: Supervise technical performance of all projects in the agency portfolio, including contributing, evaluating and assessing progress and needs. Plan the use of materials and the facility.
· Database Management: Learn and update various project database programs; input data in LIFT project database; oversee and provide quality checks on data entered in other project databases such as SJFRC and ESL/LACES. Identify and/or develop new databases as required to address project needs.
· Finance: Works with Director and Finance and Contracts Coordinator to develop and manage budget for all projects, reviews operating costs and suggests cost-saving measures.
· Communications/Marketing: Write and contribute to update of online and print materials; help build and manage media and mailing lists.
Required Experience & Qualifications
· Master’s degree in public health, education or related field.
· A minimum of 5 years of increasingly responsible leadership experience in either the public, private or nonprofit sectors.
· A deep understanding of public health or adult education, government contracting, as well as the public health or education systems in New Jersey.
· Ability to forge constructive partnerships through consensus building. Experience and ability to analyze programs, policies and operational needs, along with keen understanding of the principals and practices of public health; pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes and regulations.
· Excellent financial acumen, with superior analytical and problem solving skills to be able to make sound recommendations to best support and advance CHS programs.
· Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly, concisely, and effectively.
· Should maintain a professional manner at all times.
· Demonstrated ability to speak and write in English and Spanish necessary, and ability to speak other languages, a plus.
· Proven skills and sensitivity in cross-cultural living, communication, understanding, and language acquisition.
· Must be proficient in computer applications including the Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access) and have experience using case management software such as Apricot.
· Familiarity with managing research projects is a plus.
· Travel may be required, either local, regional, or national, to meet with Headquarters staff, funders, oversee program implementation or attend conferences related to the programs.
· Must be well-organized, detail oriented, and creative.
· Ability to multi-task, work well independently as well as in teams, and manage staff, consultants and vendors to achieve project goals and objectives.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.
University Research Co., LLC. - 20 months ago