The Program Director is responsible for the overall administration of a local program including the provision of client services, personnel management, and budget management.
Status: Full-time, Salary FLSA Classification: Exempt
Company Information: Youth Advocate Programs, Inc. (YAP) is one of the largest non-profit Youth and Family Support agencies working with high-risk youth and their families in the United States. Currently, YAP employs more than 2,000 dedicated workers and serves approximately 12,000 families per year. Our mission is to engage human service systems so that they rely less on institutional care and invest more in supporting families and neighborhoods. We currently work with child welfare, juvenile justice, behavioral health, disability, and education systems to develop and offer community-based alternatives for the highest risk children, young people, young adults and families.
Summary of Position: The duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following: The Program Director is responsible for the overall administration of a local program serving the kids and families as well as the referring authority. This includes the provision of client services, personnel management and budget management.
Specific Tasks Include:
1. Responsible for all services provided to clients and their families who are referred to the program. Ensure that all clients receive the appropriate number of hours, contacts, services, specified monies and activities as required by contract with the referring authority or the third party payor. Ensure that all services have been authorized or reauthorized by the referring authority or third party payor.
2. Oversee the intake process including interviewing referrals and appropriate family members. In conjunction with the client and family ensure that a service or treatment plan that meets the individual needs of the client and family is developed and implemented. Such plans must be strength-based using the wraparound plan model.
3. Monitor service delivery provided by staff and ensure that staff implements the goals in the service or treatment plans, as well as make any revisions to the plan that result from changing needs or case reviews.
4. Identify, recruit, hire, train, monitor and supervise all direct service professional and administrative staff in the local program, following the YAP, Inc. personnel policies and procedures, including the matching zip code policy for recruiting direct service staff. Ensure that staff qualifications meet those imposed by the referring authority or third party payor.
5. Provide direct service professional personnel with staff development and training sessions as required by YAP, Inc. policies. Promote staff development including the provision of cross-training among staff.
6. Conduct staff meetings and training sessions for program personnel. Attend staff meeting and trainings as assigned by the Southwest Vice President.
7. Assist staff in creative problem solving, including securing needed professional resources for clients and their families. Ensure that activities for clients and their families involve education, employment, social and other areas of need. Develop plans for discharge which include community linkages that will support the client and family after termination of service.
8. Ensure that all required time lines and due dates are met. This includes submission of all administrative, fiscal and billing documents and data base information to The Support Center for processing and all reports and documents that are required to be submitted by referring authorities and third party payors.
9. Manage the local program within budget parameters.
10. Identify new opportunities and new projects to assists in the growth and development of YAP, Inc. programs and services.
Qualifications/Requirements: Bachelors Degree is required; Masters Degree generally preferred; commensurate experience in community-based agency program is acceptable. At a minimum, at least one year previous experience in managing personnel and budgets. Bilingual speaking applicant a plus! Position re quires reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and car insurance limits of $100,000/$300,000 bodily injury liability. This position requires background checks to be completed.
Benefits Available : Medical/Prescription, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, AFLAC, Paid time off, Holiday Pay, and 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan.
Contact information: Interested applicants email resume with cover letter, three (3) professional references and two (2) personal references to the attention of : Mr. Casey Lane at firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth Advocate Programs, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Youth Advocate Programs, Inc. - 12 months ago