What's your motivation? Opportunity? Creativity? Contribution? It's all part of working for the American Heart Association---where you can combine professional growth with personal fulfillment. So if you're considering a new and rewarding career, consider the American Heart Association. We have an excellent opportunity for a Program Initiatives Manager in our National Center office in Dallas, TX.
The Program Initiatives Manager will direct administration of the CDC Cooperative Agreement on behalf of the Partnership Organizations. The Director will establish and implement a process for implementation of the cooperative agreement recipient activities. The Director will work with organizational partners at the national, state and local level to identify, implement and evaluate recipient activities to support the Partnership and the Cooperative Agreement.
Major Responsibilities Include:
1. Manage development, coordination, communication and implementation of Partnership recipient activities.
2. Manage and coordinate Partnership activities with CDC and all Partnership Cooperative Agreement Partners to ensure alignment and optimum execution.
3. Keep CDC, AHA National Center and Affiliate advocacy staff, National Forum for Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention, Partners and others informed as to the progress of the Cooperative Agreement.
4. Regular conference calls and status reports, and occasional in-person meetings will be required
Required Qualifications Include:
1. Bachelor’s degree in political science, communication, public policy, law, journalism or related field or equivalent experience.
2. Experience in advocacy activities, government affairs, and/or public health.
3. Successful experience or demonstrated understanding in issues related to advocacy/public policy, community organization/mobilization, and media communications.
4. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with volunteers, staff, and the public as part of a team.
5. Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
6. Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple, complex projects in varying stages of development under time constraints.
7. Ability to travel up to 25% of the time including occasional nights and weekends.
Attracting talented, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do.
To apply for this position or to see other opportunities with the American Heart Association please visit www.heart.org/careers . We no longer accept mailed, faxed or e-mailed resumes. Please apply for positions directly through our website. Only those candidates deemed most qualified by the hiring manager will be contacted to interview.
The American Heart Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and works to prohibit discrimination and to assure fair and uniform treatment of applicants and employees in all aspects of Human Resources administration without regard to political or religious opinions or affiliations, membership or non-membership in employee organizations, age, sex, disability, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, marital status or any other non-merit factor.
The American Heart Association (AHA) is a not-for-profit organization devoted to the fight against heart disease and stroke (both among...