Recreation and Education for 50+
Lake Oswego Parks and Recreation seeks experienced instructors to teach new or existing classes and/or workshops for adults 50+. Classes can include, but are not limited to art, dance, health and wellness, special interest crafting cooking, gardening etc. Take your hobby/skill and share it with others. Classes are offered quarterly and scheduled approximately six months in advance.
Salary: $10.00 to $40.00 per hour DOQ
Status: on-call could be days, evenings or weekends
Closing date: Continuous openings. Applications will be reviewed on an as needed basis.
Work week: Classes/Workshops will be scheduled based on instructors’ and space availability prior to schedule being published. Work week can be anywhere from one to fifteen hours per week, depending on class offered. Overall enrollment will determine hours worked and could expand if program grows or reduced in enrollment lags.
- Develop and implement age-appropriate lesson plans that both engage and educate the participants.
- Provide a safe environment for students.
- Monitor progress and attendance of participants
- Follow department guidelines.
- Represent the City and the Department in a positive and effective manner.
- Maintain effective communication with supervisor, participants and parents.
- Be responsible for all scheduled hours and, if necessary, follow the appropriate substitution procedures.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Experience with the topic/skill and teaching experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisor and participants.
- Ability to create and execute a lesson plan for the 50+ age group.
- Minimum 25 years of age.