Cultural Leisure Classes for Youth and/or Adults
Salary: $10.00-$40.00 per hour DOQ
Status: On-Call could be days, evenings, or weekends
Closing Date: Continuous Openings. Applications reviewed on an as needed basis.
Lake Oswego Parks and Recreation seeks an experienced Instructor to teach new or existing cultural classes and/or workshops for youth, teens and/or adults. Classes can include, but are not limited to art, dance, health and wellness, special interest, theatre skills, crafting, cooking, gardening etc. Take your hobby/skill and share it with others. For youth classes, in addition to teaching skills, instructor will also supervise and direct participants and interact with parents as well as participants. Classes are offered quarterly and scheduled approximately 6 months in advance.
Work Week: Classes/Workshops will be scheduled based on instructors’ and space availability prior to schedule being published. Work week can be anywhere from one to fifteen hours per week, depending on class offered. Classes will be divided by age groups as required. Overall enrollment will determine hours worked and could expand if program grows or reduced if enrollment lags.
- Develop and implement age-appropriate lesson plans that both engage and educate the participants.
- Provide a safe environment for students.
- Monitor progress and attendance of participants.
- Follow department guidelines.
- Represent the City and the Department in a positive and effective manner.
- Maintain effective communication with supervisor, participants, and parents.
- Be responsible for all scheduled hours and, if necessary, follow the appropriate substitution procedures.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Experience with the topic/skill and teaching experience
- Knowledge of basic child development and abilities for youth classes
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisor, parents, and participants
- Ability to create and execute a lesson plan for the various age groups
- Minimum 18 years of age
For information about submitting a class or program idea please visit this webpage .
City of Lake Oswego, OR - 2 years ago