The Sports Program Instructor for TENNIS is responsible for planning, performing, and organizing activities and games for youth and teens. The Sports Program Instructor will ensure a safe, fun area for members to interact and enjoy. This position requires face-to-face leadership in these programs and may involve early morning, evening, and weekend responsibilities.
The days and hours of this position will vary slightly, but be between Monday-Wednesday evenings from 5:00pm-7:30pm.
Athletic experience or participation; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience in Tennis. Working knowledge of Tennis and ability to actively take part and lead sports activities. Ability to interact with people of all ethnic backgrounds, ages, and lifestyles. YMCA experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) preferred
First Aid certification preferred
- Teaches specific Tennis skills
- Maintains supervision of participants
- Enforces safety standards
- Follows emergency procedures
- Sets up equipment
- Supervises volunteers
- Monitors the use of the facilities
- Referees, scores, or helps with programs
- Distributes participant information
- Implements Character Development in programs
- Maintains all areas in clean, presentable fashion
- Handles member/parent complaints
Performs any other functions necessary for the smooth and efficient operation of the YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
$10.41hr-$12.50hr; Part Time; Non Exempt
YMCA of Greater GR - 19 months ago