This position must have a mastery of leading technical engineering teams in an OSS environment and be able to drive the integration of processes and systems as well as leading a team of integration engineers. This position will drive a team that provides the end to end process and systems leadership to successfully complete large Network programs on time with well managed scopes, and costs.
Regularly leads multiple small to medium-size projects or one large project and performs project management activities such as planning, sizing, configuration, resources and scheduling. Develops resolutions to complex problems that require the use of creativity and makes decisions that impact projects and staff members. Work is accomplished without direction. Drives the creation of end to end artifacts and recruits support in the solutions architecture across portfolios and support Network planning in collaborative design sessions. Responsible to own and deliver (using matrix leadership): Process/System Flows (Cross business and portfolio), Interface documents (Attribute level), Business/Systems Requirements,
Gap Analysis, Business Case Quantification.
develops cross business unit and portfolio system flow information (Solution and Bus Requirements)
Develops best practices in documenting cross business flow.
Leads cross portfolio solutions activities
Drives and monitors program integration from inception to completion
Creates/facilitates architectural and financial research within functional areas to develop business value of program integration. Develops cross business units and portfolio system flow information (solution and business requirements; develops best practices in documenting cross business flow; lead cross-portfolio solutions activities; drives and monitors program integration from inception to completion; creates/facilitates architectural and financial research within functional areas to develop business value of program integration.
Required Skills & Experience
The candidate must be able work in an autonomous fashion to identify efficiencies with people, processes, and costs within operation and across portfolios. The candidate must be able to establish relationships and work with managers at all levels without supervision. The candidate must be able to assume a leadership role in driving solutions to inefficiencies, providing direction to VPs/Directors and Managers.
o Network Provisioning , Network Activation installation and Repair - Dispatch
- Experience in a Telco in a Integration role in either or a landline or carrier company as an integration or consulting leader. Preferably in one or more of the of the following functional areas:
o Ordering, Billing
o Service Assurance, Surveillance
o Outside Plant Engineering
o Capacity Planning and Engineering
Back to Search Results
- Experience leading people in a technical environment
- Experience as an operations consultant related to one of the areas listed
- Experience and ability to develop systems solutions, architectures and requirements related to areas listed.
- Experience developing business cases surrounding solutions.
- Ability to deliver systems/process analysis for large programs.
- Ability to sell ideas.
- Ability to provide technical leadership to large programs in terms technical or operational direction.
- Ability to be a matrix leader
- Expert Technical Writing
- Ability to design solutions architecture
- Ability to facilitate group meetings/discussions
- Ability to gain consensus amongst leaders.
- Ability to speak in public
- Word, Excel, PPT, Visio
- Ability to broker solutions for issues between senior leaders
- Bachelor Degree and 5 years’ experience required
Verizon - 17 months ago
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and...