IAVA’s Program team strives to build an empowered generation of veterans who provide leadership for our country and their local communities. We work toward this vision through programs in four key impact areas: supporting new veterans in Health, Education, Employment and building a lasting Community for veterans and their families.
IAVA’s programs empower and support our community both online and offline, expand our reach and allow our organization to make a deeper and lasting impact on veterans and their families for years to come. The Program Intern will report to the Program Director.
The Program Intern will:
The Program Intern should possess:
- Learn how develop and execute key programs offered to IAVA's membership
- Gain exposure to relationships and opportunity to work with Fortune 500 companies and leaders in the veteran, nonprofit, and corporate space
- Provide assistance at IAVA membership events
- Maintain a pulse on the day-to-day needs and concerns of Iraq and Afghanistan veterans
- Conduct daily and weekly research and analysis of IAVA's impact, using Salesforce, Google, and other tools.
- Learn how to develop digital content (photo, video, social media) to build and promote the organization's programs
- Assist with the rewards distribution and management of IAVA's Rucksack
- Excellent organization skills
- Resourceful, innovative forward thinking
- Ability to work well with others, with a sense of humor and professional demeanor
- A positive attitude and a passion for veterans issues and community organizing
Iraq Afghanistan Veterans of America - 16 months ago