Leads, directs and monitors design and development programs from concept thru production all the way to the end consumer to achieve product objectives within a specified time schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Lead cross-functional program teams to meet project schedule, cost, quality, durability, performance and reliability requirements. Responsible for the overall success of the program.
2. Direct the program using the Polaris Development Process (PDP), ensuring that all requirements are clearly defined, documented, and achieved.
3. Manage the assigned team to develop new product features, innovative approaches, breakthrough technologies, and improved processes. Collaborate with suppliers to use their design expertise where appropriate.
4. Monitor and manage the manufacturing, quality, and purchasing resources and activities on the team, to provide seamless coordination and issue resolution between all team members. Support accessory and service part planning and execution.
5. Participate in field development testing as required; analyzes field problems, recommend and implement solutions.
6. Allocate and monitor resources and task assignments within the team. Coordinate issue resolution with functional managers.
7. Motivate the entire team and others affecting the program's success.
8. Assist functional managers to plan budgets and manpower forecasts. Responsible for managing and staying within budgets assigned to the program.
9. Provide technical support for promotional materials, sales and marketing information, and service publications.
10. Monitor consumer data including warranty, net premotor score and other data sources to understand field issues and then organize team to resolve these consumer issues. Responsible for hitting warranty and NPS targets on programs/projects assigned.
11. Assist in Long Range Planning activities including budgets and product plans.
12. May typically lead a large program or multiple smaller programs.
13. Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
1. BS Engineering Degree required.
2. 8 or more years of program leadership or engineering project/design leadership experience, in similar industry. Strong technical background.
3. Strong leadership skills and ability. Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
4. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence others. Demonstrated ability to form business inter-relationships with supporting managers, leaders, and staff.
5. Decisive and prone to action. Must be Quality-oriented and customer focused.
6. Excellent project planning, organizing, and administrative skills. Understands how program objectives, tools, and resources relate cross-functionally.
7. Riding experience and/or interest in Recreational Vehicles.
8. Ability to work under pressure and maintain a positive attitude.
9. Sincere desire to exceed customers’ expectations.
Fast paced office environment
Some Travel Required
Polaris Industries - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
A bump in the road is big business for Polaris Industries. The company is one of the world's top makers of off-road...