About TSTC :
TSTC is the only state-supported technical college system in Texas. TSTC’s statewide role and mission is to efficiently and effectively help Texas meet the high-tech challenges of today’s global economy, in partnership with business and industry, government agencies, and other educational institutions. If this is a mission you could support and help TSTC achieve, please complete our application process.
Position Overview :
The Program Maintenance Specialist position is a staff position that will provide support for an instructional program which utilizes complicated mechanical and electrical machines, equipment and instruments in the instruction process. Perform maintenance and repairs, maintain inventories of capital equipment, replacement parts and supplies and directs student workers in accomplishing worthwhile objectives. Work under the direction of a Program Chairman.
Essential Function :
- Maintain inventory of all instructional program capital equipment.
- Diagnose causes of malfunctions of machines, equipment, power tools and instrument used for instruction.
- Disassemble units, determine if economical repair is feasible and perform repairs as necessary.
- Perform preventive maintenance on program equipment by cleaning, lubrication, adjusting and calibrating on a periodic schedule or as equipment is returned for storage.
- Maintain controlled assess rooms for hand tools, instruments, measuring devices and consumable supplies used in instruction and assures the return of these items.
- Assist instructors in preparing materials and equipment for laboratory classes.
- Coordinate and follow up on departmental meetings, i.e. advisory committee.
- Process and maintain student records, syllabi files and materials list files.
- Assist in recruiting and registration of students and scheduling classes.
- Assist in determining departmental guidelines.
- Give tours to prospective students and update prospective student packets.
- May assist and process various departmental and curriculum surveys.
- Prepare the laboratory for class, secure equipment after class, and set up and dissemble laboratory experiments.
- Grade papers, exercises, and tests by use of predetermined objective criteria.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance on laboratory-equipment and other instructional aids.
- Maintain an inventory of supplies and equipment and assures security of each.
- Supervise student workers when assigned.
- Monitor the instructional areas for safety conditions.
- Test new lab equipment for quality and accuracy.
- Initiate requisitions for consumable supplies and equipment repairs.
- Prepare consumable materials for classroom, laboratory and shop exercises.
- Operate motor vehicles for purpose of conducting TSTC business.
- Assist Instructors in the lab and help administer tests.
- Assist the departmental faculty and staff with other related non-teaching duties in the laboratory or shop as directed.
- Duties may include clerical or administrative support functions
Minimum Qualifications :
- High school diploma or GED. Associate Degree in Laser Electric-Optics preferred.
- May consider experience in lieu of degree
- The ability to give attention to the details of maintaining records including, but not limited to, student information and inventories of tools, parts, instruments and supplies.
Annual Salary : $24,000