Responsible for leading/overseeing multiple projects and project teams implementing projects of various sizes (scale), complexity, and duration to deliver business solutions and services to the organization. Alternatively, responsible for leading business integration or new business implementation projects which encompass the entire panorama of health plan functions. Project teams are likely to be comprised of cross-functional internal and external resources. Oversees direct reports' interactions with internal staff, external corporate departments, and Health Plans to define the project parameters and develop detailed project documentation to include business requirements, project plans, project schedules, workflow solutions, and project status reports/communications. Projects may vary to include the following: system implementations, internal/cross functional department process improvement initiatives, implementation of new state health plans, and implementation of new product lines.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage multiple projects using staff and matrixed resources.
• Staff, organize, monitor, and maintain an effective, consistent Project Management function.
• Develop business case, project profile, business requirements, and other project work products for large and strategic-initiative level projects.
• Translate strategy into implementation tactics, acting as a change agent.
• Prepare and submits comprehensive project status reports to management.
• Manage team budget.
• Provide leadership in effectively applying Project Management and Business Analysis best practices.
• Ensure departmental and individual performance goals are met
• Adhere to and consistently apply organization and departmental policies, procedures and protocols.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to define and develop an effective project approach for a variety of projects
• Ability to organize complexity into successfully manageable work plans
• Ability to estimate staffing requirements, including resource skills, and assemble a team
• Ability to manage several projects concurrently, or a complex project with multiple sub-teams (overseeing sub-team PM's)
• Ability to predict risk areas and have mitigation/contingency strategies designed
• Ability to effectively manage and resolve very complex project issues as well as proactively planning to prevent issues
• Ability to clearly articulate how changes in one area of a health plan's functions can impact the business and/or a technology implementation
• Demonstrate understanding of emerging technologies and trends applicable to health plans
• Ability to manage multiple projects using staff and matrix resources
• Ability to work independently, within a team, and collaboratively across teams
• Analysis, synthesis, and problem solving skills
• Deductive and inductive thinking skills
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Demonstrated ability to make effective business decisions
• Multi-tasking skills and planning for prioritizing workload
• Ability to staff, organize, monitor, and maintain an effective Project Management function
• Ability to ensure departmental and individual performance goals are met
• Demonstrated skill in influencing, coaching, and motivating
• Ability to both adhere to and consistently apply organization and departmental policies, procedures and protocols
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to assimilate and articulate complex business solutions and project approaches
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong consultative, customer-focus skills
• Ability to abide by Molina’s policies
• Ability to maintain attendance to support required quality and quantity of work
• Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
• Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective work relationships with coworkers, clients, members, providers and customers
• Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 10 – 12 years proven project-based experience
- At least 5 years managed care experience
- PMP or similar certification a plus
To all current Molina employees if you are interested in applying for this position please fill out an Employee Transfer Request Form (ETR) and attach it to your profile when applying online. Be sure to let us know you are a current employee by selecting “Molina Employee (current) in the source section of the online application.
Molina Healthcare offers competitive benefits and compensation package.
Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Molina Healthcare - 10 months ago
Navigating the murky waters of federal health care plans is no easy feat, but Molina Healthcare's mission is to help Medicaid and...