The Program Management Supervisor I serves as a support point of contact for multiple customer accounts. He/she provides local support for customer accounts and may perform supervisory activities within the Program Management organization. This position ensures service reliability and execution, customer retention and growth, and a positive customer relationship with UPS. The Program Management Supervisor I serves clients with issue resolution, response tracking, notification of events impacting clients, managing service expectations, and conducting customer surveys. He/she facilitates performance meetings and business reviews, manages standard operating procedures (SOPs) and statements of work (SOWs), and identifies opportunities for account penetration. This position may manage administrative Program Management support representatives who each support multiple accounts.
As part of ensuring a high level of customer service, the Program Management Supervisor I assists with conducting service quality surveys and analyzing survey data. He/she provides survey feedback to management and floor level employees so they can respond to service issues as needed. This individual also monitors compliance with product service standards to evaluate product delivery quality.
An additional area of responsibility is supporting and driving process improvements in customer service and in system tools and technology. Duties include gathering and sharing best practices in customer service, ensuring service consistency and efficiency, identifying opportunities to grow the business and increase revenue, as well as controlling costs.
- Organize the workgroup structure supporting the customer and work breakdown to maximize productivity and quality
- Assign work to direct reports to meet customer needs and leverage capacity
- Assist with maintaining target staffing levels to ensure organizational capability meets internal and external customer demands and controls cost
- Determine employee training needs to produce continuous development plans
- Provide feedback and support while supervising and developing others
- Conduct performance evaluations and resolve individual and group performance issues
- Applies an understanding of policies and procedures to situations and operations in a business area
- Applies knowledge of the features and business applications of services, products and customer-facing technology offerings and solutions
- Applies supply chain and logistics knowledge of the flow of materials, information, and finances involved in manufacturing and distributing products
- Coaches and develops others using career development processes and tools
- Measures and evaluates individual, group and business performance, results and goal attainment. Sets goals, identifies key indicators, uses measurement tools and identifies gaps
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer
- Currently in the same geographic location as the job or willing to relocate yourself there
- Preferred to have a bachelor's degree in Engineering, Logistics/Transportation, IT/Computer Science, Business, and/or Finance
- Preferred to have experience in freight forwarding, distribution, custom brokerage, and/or transportation
- Preferred to have experience using Microsoft office products or equivalent software
Must be currently living in the demographic area of the job or willing to relocat yourself.
UPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...