Supervision Exercised: Supervises all Direct Care Staff and Nursing staff assigned to the program as well as day-to-day program operations.
1. Ensure the quality of consumer care in the program with emphasis on issues of individual growth, health and safety.
2. Promptly identify program areas of need and addresses them, seeking assistance as needed.
3. Ensure program coverage in accordance with funding source and agency standards, seeking assistance of supervisor or the Scheduler as needed.
4. Maintain ongoing communication with supervisor and attend meetings as required.
5. Oversee physical plant maintenance by reporting issues promptly, arranging for needed repairs, ensuring proper housekeeping and interacting with landlord as required.
6. Act as consumer advocate and role model to both consumers and staff.
7. Recruit, interview and make recommendations for hiring of prospective employees and complete required hiring documentation in a timely manner.
8. Provide ongoing documented supervision, training and professional development of staff.
9. Complete orientation and annual job performance evaluations on all program staff in a timely manner.
10. Participate in policy development and ensure that program staff adhere to agency/program policies and procedures.
11. Monitor program expenditures as assigned, completing monthly financial reports in a timely fashion.
12. Ensure accurate accounting of all program expenditures including: consumer funds, food purchases, gas purchases and petty cash.
13. Participate in evaluating referrals initiated by funding sources, agency programs and community organizations.
14. Ensure ongoing program compliance with agency and funding source policies, procedures and licensing standards.
15. Forward appropriate personnel and business forms to Human Resource and Business offices in a timely manner.
16. Ensure program participation in all ISP processes including implementation of appropriate components of the support plan.
17. Develop and maintain liaisons with agency programs and community resources.
18. Organize and implement group and individual activities, which serve to expand and normalize the lives of consumers and foster increased independence and community membership.
19. Foster and maintain family/guardian contact.
20. Keep abreast of consumer issues, assist in the coordination of needed services, and intervene to ensure consistency in program planning and implementation, including contact with DDS/MRC/UMass and day support staff.
21. Fulfill case management duties as needed, based on program design.
23. Respond to the program in an emergency situation as needed. Act as the administrator on-call on a rotating basis.
24. Execute duties to reflect reasonable safety standards. Universal/standard precautions must be utilized and training obtained in areas that constitute risk.
25. Perform duties to reflect agency policies and procedures.
26. Perform other related work duties as needed or as assigned by supervisor or designee