Program Manager, EDUCATIONAL AND TRAINING SUPPORT SERVICES FOR THE ARMY SECURITY ASSISTANCE TRAINING MANAGEMENT ORGANIZATION (SATMO)
Honeywell Technology Solutions Inc., (HTSI) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Honeywell headquartered in Columbia, MD, with approximately 4,000 employees at over 148 locations around the world. We are a recognized leader in delivering engineering, information, logistics and professional services to clients in the space, defense, logistics, health and information technology markets.
The Logistics Segment is the preeminent leader in providing comprehensive logistics solutions to the U.S. armed forces. Defense customers turn to us to repair, upgrade and manage their materiel worldwide. Whether it's equipping supply ships for the Marines, total package fielding for the Army, condition-based maintenance for the Air Force or anti-terrorism force protection for the Navy, Honeywell is agile, responsive and mission ready. Air, land and sea, our Honeywell logistics team of 3,300 dedicated individuals are defining 21st century Logistics.
HTSI is actively recruiting a contingent Program Manager to support the U.S. Army Security Assistance Training Management Organization (SATMO) requirement for Educational and Training Support Services. The SATMO mission provides personnel with equivalent skills to train or technically assist U.S. Allies on any military subject, doctrine or system equipment. SATMO deploys nearly 800 personnel in 270 teams to over 60 countries annually to train host nation personnel.
The position is located in the Fort Bragg, North Carolina area with travel to customer sites within CONUS. Travel to OCONUS locations will also be required.
This position is contingent on customer funding.
Position Responsibilities :
- Relentlessly delivers on all commitments to Integrated Program Team, and customers. Identifies risks/opportunities for programs and takes action to mitigate risks and leverage opportunities at the program level.
- Recognized ability to share knowledge, best practices and encouraging team members to learn and challenge their capabilities. Works with teams at all levels to uncover barriers and identify improvement action plans.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement through team participation and results. Uses enabling tools in daily work to improve results.
- Constant interface with customers and sub-contractors.
· Manage and oversee (Honeywell and subcontractor) support to SATMO.
- Communication is most frequently with program team, with regular updates to HTSI leadership. Drive Program Management Excellence across entire program. Ability to influence several teams, communicating business vision, goals and objectives.
· Serve as first-level manager or task leader.
· Supervise a staff of managers, subject matter experts, and administrative support personnel.
· Serve as Honeywell's Program Manager authorized to interface with the Government Contracting Officer, Government Contracting Officer’s Representative, Government Project Manager, and customer agency representatives. Acts as the primary customer contact and interface on status of all performance.
· Provide monthly contract status reports to Honeywell in form and format to forward to responsible government personnel, to include Government Project Manager and/or Government COR.
- Provide project leadership to and management of assigned projects or major phases of significant project or programs by coordinating the efforts of assigned staff.
· Mange day to day operations of teams deployed in support of SATMO.
- Manage all activities, including performance, financial, and human resources, of a Project with relatively high risk and complexity under the terms and conditions of the contract(s) to ensure customer satisfaction.
· Manage task orders and ensure the technical solutions and schedules in the task order are implemented in a timely manner.
· Formulate and enforce work standards, assign contractor schedules, review work discrepancies, supervise contractor personnel and communicate policies, purposes, and goals of the organization to subordinate contractor and subcontractor personnel.
· Interface with SATMO staff on status of contract or task order performance including all deliverables.
· Coordinate Program review meetings, including arranging for facilities and equipment, developing agendas, preparing attendance lists, and publishing meeting results.
· Identify and recommend objectives and scope of projects and communicate goals, scope, approach, and schedules to assigned personnel.
· Ensure task orders are executed on schedule and within budget.
· Coordinate task order proposal responses, ensure customer satisfaction, and deliver outstanding project financial performance.
· Recruit and hire employees. Supervise direct reports. Establish individual performance goals, review performance against goals. Plan, approve and implement actions for the timely development and progress of individuals. Recommend salary grant increases as appropriate. Manage discipline and documentation steps in problem employee situations. Manage dismissals.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Basic Qualifications : Specific contract requirement will prevail.
· Excellent communication skills (both oral and writing) and the ability to present information during briefings and instructional forums.
- BS / BA Engineering, Sciences, or Other Related Program Field and at least 5 years of directly related experience.
- Extensive Program Management Experience and increasing leadership responsibility.
- Cross-functional and business experiences. In lieu of formal education, 13 years of directly related experience.
- Familiarity with US foreign military sales/security cooperation programs and military training programs
· Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Power Point.
Preferred Qualifications :
Active SECRET clearance
- Retired military O5/O6 level or civilian equivalent; Master’s Degree desired.
- Experienced capture manager and/or PM on a large, complex DOD program.
- Direct military or civilian government experience supporting DoD Security Assistance Training or other Host Nation (HN) training programs; Knowledge of DoD organization and acquisition processes.
- Direct experience coordinating and working with US embassy country teams and HN militaries; direct experience managing mobile training teams in austere OCONUS environments
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certified.
: Business Management
: USA-NC-Fort Bragg
: Bachelor's Degree
: Yes, 50 % of the Time
University Relations Requisition
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges...