The Program Manager leads American Tower’s Managed Networks programs at auto race tracks. Managed Networks is responsible for design, deployment and operations of neutral host wireless networks. The Program Manager is responsible for planning and management of on-track network operations and carrier-driven event support before and during race track events. This position is directly accountable for customer communication, customer relationship management, and performance against event budgets and schedules. The Program Manager is directly responsible for network performance in the weeks before and during an event. Successful relationship management is a key aspect of the role both for managing tactical relationships with facilities managers and race track contractors/vendors at each track and internally with key stakeholders. Extensive travel, including extended overnight stays, is required.
- Manage pre-event planning, scheduling and implementation of network integration, radio frequency (RF) optimization, testing, and system upgrades (e.g., sector/carrier additions).
- Lead engineering and operations resources and contractors before and during each project or event.
- Establish and manage customer expectations and relationships with key event contacts and internal stake holders.
- Establish and manage effective relationships and open communication with facilities managers and key contractors at each race track.
- Develop subject matter expertise of American Tower’s network assets and carrier configurations at each race track.
- Provide guidance and collaborate with RF Engineering & Deployment teams during design and deployment of new network assets or upgrades.
Projects may include indoor or outdoor distributed antenna systems (DAS) networks and other managed networks as assigned.
- Facilitate timely and effective customer communication through regular meetings, reporting, site visits and conference calls.
- Manage contractor resources, temporary project staffing and vendors to ensure compliance with contracted timelines and approved budgets.
- Provide regular status updates and progress reports to management.
- Compile and maintain all project documentation in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Travel to project locations before and during events.
- Demonstrated expertise in cell site integration, performance testing, network optimization and network operations.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage complex deployment schedules with multiple inter-dependent tasks in a wireless site development environment.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive project documentation and reporting for internal and customer communication using MS Office software.
- Expert project management skills, including a demonstrated ability to define scope, manage stakeholders, manage schedule/task activity, manage change and communicate risks.
- Safe driving record with a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to travel
- Ability to work with functional groups and different level of employees throughout the organization to effectively and professionally achieve results
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable department timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs as needed
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast paced environment
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with both internal and external customers and vendors.
- Self-motivated, able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests and to collaborate with others to utilize resources and knowledge in identifying high quality solutions
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Four year college degree in Engineering.
Electrical Engineering degree strongly preferred.
- Ten to fifteen years wireless network engineering experience, with specific experience in cell site integration, performance testing, network optimization and network operations.
- Five years of experience managing network deployment projects or leading a network operations team.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) credentials are preferred.
Approximately 50% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions.
Approximately 50% travel may be required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry.
Accordingly, the responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with business needs.
More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
The incumbent must be flexible as there may be workweeks that require more than 40 hours to ensure the positions expectations and responsibilities are met.
American Tower (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Company is committed to a policy of equal employment and will not discriminate against an applicant or associate based on his or her age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, physical or mental disability, handicap, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other category protected under federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process can contact us at (617) 587-7911 for assistance.
American Tower, an S&P 500 and a Forbes Global 2000 company, is a leading independent owner, operator and developer of wireless...