About Virgin America
Virgin America is a brand new airline dedicated to making flying good again. Virgin America incorporates the Virgin Brand’s world-renowned customer focus and distinctive style, to create a high-value, low-fare airline that’s reinventing domestic flying through award-winning service and innovative amenities.
Are you Virgin enough? Virgin America loves team members with the thirst and creativity to make this the most wowed airline in the sky. In return, we promise to make this a company where inspired people like you will always thrive.
The Corporate Strategy Management department is focused on the full lifecycle of achieving corporate wide goals for the company, identifying process improvements, and maintaining the prioritization for company resources in achieving the goals that support the corporate strategy.
Main Purpose of the Role
The Program Manager, Corporate Process Improvement will be responsible for investigating work flows within the company to determine improvements that better Virgin America as a whole. Areas of responsibility include:
Professional Experience Required and Qualifications
- Seek out and implement process improvements throughout the organization
- Bring both strategic and tactical process expertise to airline project engagements; all while ensuring superior internal customer service and a singular focus to creating “Wow” for Virgin America Guests and Teammates.
- Provide ongoing support and counsel for internal airline innovation initiatives, including planning and facilitating engagements and programs cross functionally between departments
- Display strong expertise in a broad range of airline business topics, and keen passion for creativity and innovation
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and a willingness to contribute to the airline’s knowledge assets and overall team development
- Support the implementation of new corporate initiatives in a holistic manner including review of the business and operational process, procedures and work flows associated with the major corporate goals of the company
- Able to take charge of managing cross-departmental projects and work confidently with peers throughout the organization
The ideal candidate will be a curious, self-directed and skilled strategic thinker with 5+ years of airline business experience with a proven, measurable track record of success. The best candidate will bring a deep understanding of and a strong skill-set in advising senior leadership and providing professional consulting services to cross functional airline teams. Desired competencies include:
- Six Sigma certified, or desire to achieve certification
- Strong background in improvement of process work flows and process improvement best practices desired
- Background in airline work flows and systems desired
- Appreciate and display strong interest in the power of creativity and innovation to positively impact business, internal departments and business partners
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word and Excel), possesses excellent project management skills
- Strategic thinking: Has a clear understanding of clients’ needs and expectations and takes them into account when developing a strategy
- Openness to change and flexibility: Exhibits a readiness to deal with changing business demands and project scope
- Communication: Demonstrates the ability to clearly communicate thoughts and ideas both verbally and in writing
- Teamwork: Respects the contributions of all team members and values diversity
- Achievement/drive: Constantly focuses on executing airline business objectives and strategies. Demonstrates a sense of urgency, yet remains calm under pressure
Virgin America - 22 months ago
An offspring of Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Group, Virgin America took flight just as high fuel prices and a recession rocked the...